Anybody use the GoPro HD Camera?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ScubaTodd77

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
Just wondering if anybody here uses it. After I saw the footage from one of my dive buddies, I decided to get one too. It's in the mail, and I should have it for next weeks dive.

I know several people who use them successfully above water, but the only people I know personally who dive with them have had repeated problems, not with leaks but with the case contracting under pressure and causing sporadic operation. I was going to get one for diving but decided not to, until they improve the case. Please post here what your experiences are.

I have had mine on 2 dives so far in our locl Quarry and have not had any problems. It has ben down to 100 feet. We are headed to NC for some wreck diving next weekend and hope to get some good video while there.

I've got the non-HD version from last year and have made several dives with it without any issues including a few in the +100 feet range. The underwater footage is a little blurry but what should I expect for the $140 I spent on it last year. After I return home next week I'll post some footage in the DNY photo thread. Today a did a couple dives in FL using it and since there aren't any filters available for it, I added small piece of clear red wrapping paper inside the case. That corrected the color by adding back in red and the shots look nearly as good as they did to my old eyes during the dive.

Here are two photos pulled from video I took today. 95 feet down in the quarry with little light. We are going thru a old barn.
34594_1496189655546_1558256941_1210466_5240116_n.jpg

I added small piece of clear red wrapping paper inside the case. That corrected the color by adding back in red and the shots look nearly as good as they did to my old eyes during the dive.

Cool I'll have to to try that out when mine arrives.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom