Anyone been on the ultimate getaway?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I maybe looking at their Vandenberg/Dry Tortugas trip in May. It seems a bit steep at $1,000, but it is a 5 day trip.

There are 6 of us from Alabama going at the end of March as well. Any reports on water temps right now. I know its been cooler than usual.

Unfortunately they canceled the trip over apparent engine troubles. I have not been contacted. Heard it 2nd hand.

Oh well. Owning a charter boat - I understand. But bummed.

First class operation, good crew, nice boat, you'll have a great time. We use them and highly recommend them!

I will be there the second week in April can't wait.

I guess I want be there after all. I was told trip was cancelled due to Cost Gaurd not having time to get to inspect the anual engine overhaul. At least that was the story I was told. So for all those who like goverment ran health care just think if the gov. does not have time to review your case if you have cancer or something serious.

It's 7 years after your question, but since that boat came very close to killing my whole family a few weekends ago, I feel like posting anyway. I was in my 27' sailboat with both sails over 40 feet in the air and that crazy captain came within about 25 feet of us. I saw him coming from behind, and did all I could to get out of the way, but I was heading into the wind and just couldn't go any higher. We were out in the gulf and the Ultimate Getaway had a good mile and a half of deep water on his side, if he saw me he surely would have steered away a few degrees? I don't know why he was playing chicken with a sailboat when he had a very full boat of tourists, but prepare to risk your own life and the lives of others for a half day dive on this boat.

Well, I'm pretty sure Capt. Richard had his radio on, probably tried to call you half a hundred times to make passing arrangements. Did you respond? Cause I've never had him not
Respond to me, and I've called him 500 times on the radio.

Well, I'm pretty sure Capt. Richard had his radio on, probably tried to call you half a hundred times to make passing arrangements. Did you respond? Cause I've never had him not
Respond to me, and I've called him 500 times on the radio.

what's a radio? you mean that thing that we keep shut off down below because it keeps going off? Oh, that thing!

It's that thing that blow-boaters turn off, because the wind may be free, but electricity costs money.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom