Anyone dived with Big Apple Dive Resort in Puerto Galera??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

shugar:
what i know is all the resorts on galera are part of some association, so their rates are regulated to ensure fair business for all of them (and there are a lot of them)... i know that the american/filipino/aussie/european run resorts all comply... no idea if the korean ones care since they have an exclusive korean market to cater to

anyway: it's $20US for own-equipment and $25 for rental equipment (BC/reg, wetsuit, mask, fins)

basic rate includes tank, weights, belt, DM/guide and boat/banca service to the dive site... during the off/lean season you can haggle for a $20 rate while using their stuff... or they'll give you a slightly lower rate if you book more than 2 dives with them... but that's the rule of thumb $20US

if you cross though to anilao, it's half... about $10 for a own-equip dive inclusive of DM and banca... cool huh

Jag

they don't actually have a fix rate for all. its just a range of prices (which is actually quite reasonable if you do the math on the how much it cost to run a dive operation, Anilao diving is an exception because most of the resorts there try to make money on the food and lodging rather than the dive operation) . I can hook you up with a diving outfit in PG that will charge you cheaper than that.

Axua:
they don't actually have a fix rate for all. its just a range of prices (which is actually quite reasonable if you do the math on the how much it cost to run a dive operation, Anilao diving is an exception because most of the resorts there try to make money on the food and lodging rather than the dive operation) . I can hook you up with a diving outfit in PG that will charge you cheaper than that.
Great if you could give me their contact number so I can call them when I arrive to manila next weekend.Hopefully they are near Eagle Point.Thanks alot.fredi.

Fredi:
Yes it is $65 for 2 boat dives for a single diver.I am the only diver in my group!Room and board not included.I would prefer to stay at Balai(highly recommended by many) but since this is a government sponsored seminar in Eaglepoint,I'm stuck(not that i'm complaining).Go check out their website!It is daylight highway robbery.Unfortunately I have no idea which resort is nearby Eaglepoint.I wish someone could tell me since this is my first trip there.Can I walk from EP to a nearby resort to dive with them?Appreciate if you could give me some dive shop numbers to call and arrange to dive with them instead.I am arriving from NY to Manila on Feb 19,and hopefully I can make these arrangements before I arrive to EaglePoint on Feb 24 nite.Hope you or someone who knows these kind of deals in Anilao can be of help.Appreciate any suggestions given.Thanks alot .Fredi.

Hi

Try Aqua venture, it's north of and near eagle point. They only charge around P1,200 for a two (2) tank dive with DM and boat. They have a web site aquareefclub.com and tel. number 895-7932. Ask the makati office Bongskee's (dive shop manager) cell number. If ever you contact him he'll give you a fair deal. Tell him "sir caloy" recommended you.

hi! i've actually done what you're hoping to do. i dive with a group of people regularly, but i happened to be booked at eaglepoint (vacation with family) while they were at another resort. they had no problems with me waiting at their docks to be picked up by my friends (who were booked at oscillaris). so i would wait in the morning in front of the eaglepoint dive shop with my gear, and the banca with my friends would just pass by for me on the way to the dive sites.

i would not recommend walking to the next resort over, mainly because you'd have to do a lot of climbing up and down the hills. and eaglepoint is a waaaay down. and not exactly near the other dive resorts. you might end up with a challenging hike ahead of you before and after your dives. but, if you're feeling up to the walks... :)

anyway, just wanted to let you know, it CAN be done. i see shugar is already offering to hook you up with a group. feel free to PM me if you have any other concerns.

lara

shugar:
will do!

Jag

according to my instructor nearest he knows is Dive7000 resort... i've never heard of these guys (but then again i've only been around a year)

their website is www.dive7000.com and is about as informative as an insurance company newsletter... but it's got an email address you can try

if aquaventure's not much farther then i'd reco you take caloy's referral since aquaventure's got a very pro operation from what i'd heard... and P1200 is hell of a lot more reasonable than P3500 ($65)

Jag

shugar:
according to my instructor nearest he knows is Dive7000 resort... i've never heard of these guys (but then again i've only been around a year)
jag

Yes that's right and next to Dive7000 resort is Aquaventure resort. Actually, the Cathedral dive site is just in front of the resort. Here is the deal:

1,800 for three dives with free non-aircon room. 300 buffet lunch meal.

clgsamson:
Yes that's right and next to Dive7000 resort is Aquaventure resort. Actually, the Cathedral dive site is just in front of the resort. Here is the deal:

1,800 for three dives with free non-aircon room. 300 buffet lunch meal.

1800... is that at aquaventure or dive7000?

Jag

clgsamson:
Hi

Try Aqua venture, it's north of and near eagle point. They only charge around P1,200 for a two (2) tank dive with DM and boat. They have a web site aquareefclub.com and tel. number 895-7932. Ask the makati office Bongskee's (dive shop manager) cell number. If ever you contact him he'll give you a fair deal. Tell him "sir caloy" recommended you.
Thanks alot for the info.I'll certainly call Aquavanture next week when i arrive manila.Fredi.

lara1018:
hi! i've actually done what you're hoping to do. i dive with a group of people regularly, but i happened to be booked at eaglepoint (vacation with family) while they were at another resort. they had no problems with me waiting at their docks to be picked up by my friends (who were booked at oscillaris). so i would wait in the morning in front of the eaglepoint dive shop with my gear, and the banca with my friends would just pass by for me on the way to the dive sites.

i would not recommend walking to the next resort over, mainly because you'd have to do a lot of climbing up and down the hills. and eaglepoint is a waaaay down. and not exactly near the other dive resorts. you might end up with a challenging hike ahead of you before and after your dives. but, if you're feeling up to the walks... :)

anyway, just wanted to let you know, it CAN be done. i see shugar is already offering to hook you up with a group. feel free to PM me if you have any other concerns.

lara
Appreciate your info.At least I know it can be done.Thanks again.Fredi.

shugar:

their website is www.dive7000.com and is about as informative as an insurance company newsletter... but it's got an email address you can try

if aquaventure's not much farther then i'd reco you take caloy's referral since aquaventure's got a very pro operation from what i'd heard... and P1200 is hell of a lot more reasonable than P3500 ($65)

Jag
Thank you very much for the info.I'll definitely try Aquventure.Hope i'll bump into you that weekend if you're there.Fredi.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom