Anyone ever dive down into a well?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yea, you got it. They put the new treatment plant buck in operation last year but we are still finding lots of STUFF floating around the water. One time several years ago while diving the Tribune we surfaced in a layer of sewage an inch or two thick with solid turds floating everywhere It was like a ship carrying O'henry bars had just sunk. One of the guys that was with us was urching and trying not to toss his cookies on his swim back to the boat. Emm yum-o.
ZDD

Call me a wimp or whatever but there would have to be gold (the 14k kind) in that water for me to dive there dude.

The company I was working for had this contract for the British waterways to inspect the condition of three wells in the Tring area of Buckhamshire inthe UK even with the right kit things were a little tight see attached picsregards regulator bj

Attachments

• img437.jpg
    img437.jpg
    233.2 KB · Views: 186
  • img438.jpg
    img438.jpg
    254.1 KB · Views: 200

Call me a wimp or whatever but there would have to be gold (the 14k kind) in that water for me to dive there dude.

In fact one of my diving buddies did get gold from this wreck, a beautiful large gold coin from the 1700s. I don't remember the exact year or the coin type so I will get him to send me the details and a pic to post.
ZDD
PS the sewage thing here has being cleaned up for now but many cities in Canada and I am sure other parts of the world still dump un-treated sewage into the water ways.:(

Many years ago I decided to tryout a new dive club. They were a small group of 25 or so and were meeting at the local pizza parlor. So I had some pizza and listened to their plans for the upcoming weekend dive - in a well. First thing that crossed my mind was "check please" - I'm out of here!. I don't know if they ever actually dove it or not, but they sure seemed gung-ho to do it. I will never get that bored with Monterey diving that I will dive a well.

In fact one of my diving buddies did get gold from this wreck, a beautiful large gold coin from the 1700s. I don't remember the exact year or the coin type so I will get him to send me the details and a pic to post.
ZDD
PS the sewage thing here has being cleaned up for now but many cities in Canada and I am sure other parts of the world still dump un-treated sewage into the water ways.:(

I've done several search/recoveries in the Cornwallis river where it goes through Kentville. A picturesque meandering river full of agricultural chemicals, debris, and 'brown trout'.

Kirk

I've done several search/recoveries in the Cornwallis river where it goes through Kentville. A picturesque meandering river full of agricultural chemicals, debris, and 'brown trout'.

Kirk
When I dive in those conditions I hope that I never have to switch regulators, you never know what might sneak in your mouth as you put the reg back in.
ZDD:shocked2:

ZDD
As promised here is a pix of the gold Spade Guinea from 1700s and is about the size of a quarter. This was found under a cannon ball and on the same wreck where we were crap diving. Some things are just worth the effort.
ZDD

Attachments

• IMG00267.jpg
    IMG00267.jpg
    26.4 KB · Views: 262
As promised here is a pix of the gold Spade Guinea from 1700s and is about the size of a quarter. This was found under a cannon ball and on the same wreck where we were crap diving. Some things are just worth the effort.
ZDD

Very cool!

Actually had the opportunity to dive a well over the weekend. Although this might be cheating. The local lakes here displaced several small towns. in one cove there is still a brick silo standing and on another there is a good sized brick cistern. Probably 12 feet diameter and pretty deep. Of couse, does it count as diving a well when you are already diving a lake??

Back
Top Bottom