Anyone ever use a Pro-Ear mask?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

If you have serious problems equalizing then perhaps you should work on your technique, and how often you do it.
Go here and watch this--it should help.
http://www.uwtv.org/programs/displayevent.asp?rid=789

Personally a Pro-Ear mask just seems like another example of the scuba industry coming up with products to make up for people's lack of good technique.

For me equilization in no problem at all. But after I dive I can't seem to get the water out of my ears and the alcohol solution doesn't always work. My last weeklong divetrip I ended up with a severe outer ear infection and a swollen shut ear canal then when that one was healed the other one swelled shut for a day or two. I'm gonna get the okay from my doc before I dive again and make sure it won't happen again. So bolantej, make sure you tell us how you like it!

Sometimes alcohol doesn't cut it--that's why I use a 1/3 alcohol, 1/3 hydrogen peroxide, and 1/3 white vinegar solution.

Oh man, that mask was sooooo good to me this weekend. As long as you get a decent seal aroundthem, the ear cups are always water free. Even with a little water in them, equalizing was still very easy, compared to without. I definitely recommend them.

bolantej:
Oh man, that mask was sooooo good to me this weekend. As long as you get a decent seal aroundthem, the ear cups are always water free. Even with a little water in them, equalizing was still very easy, compared to without. I definitely recommend them.

Ya I just bought one too. I can't wait to try it out!!

Back
Top Bottom