anyone find any treasure lately?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Just the usual silver cobs this week, nothing exciting

Long story short:

In the middle of the summer (4th of July weekend), one of our buddies brought his wife and family to Dutch Springs for the holiday weekend. She was at the waterpark with her children, having a good time. She was climbing the inflatable rock wall, and fell into the water. The cold water effected her hand, and her very expensive engagement and wedding rings dropped to the bottom (55 feet). A dive was attempted to find it that afternoon, without any luck. A dive early the next morning, after the sediment settled and the vis at depth got a little better, one of our divers found both rings in the muck. The dive took four minutes to locate the rings, that were still together in the set. Our buddy's wife was crying with joy. Finding a lost diamond ring in a quarry was quite a cool event. Seeing how happy she was was even better.

All I have seen lately is a few small emeralds found by the Mel Fisher group.

I did meet a woman (this dive season) on a dive boat offshore Boynton Beach that claimed to see many large emerald finds coming up years ago. She said she was working for Mel Fisher Inc at the time. I couldn't help but notice the $600 authentic Atocha coin around her neck

There is without a doubt 100's of millions in gold and silver coin still out there.

Its fun to dream about it!

me too! ,,,,well on the GOLD bars for sure,,,

i have found a few coins and other things in my life time. one gold and maybe a 100 pieces of eight,,but that was years ago while living and owning a dive shop in the Keys.

now i use my metal detector on land looking for gold,,have found a few oz out in Ari and over in Ala, Ga, and S. Carolina,,,
and just sitting and watching the price go up per oz. today it was $1349.00 per oz.

I heard metel detecting in southern california is problematic becasue of certain minerals in the sand. Does anyone know anything about this? I heard it from a guy that used to hunt/metal detect the crushed coral of So. Florida.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom