Anyone for some Brownstone Quarry fun tomorrow

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ScubaSarus

Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Not to sure how RI is after a week of constant winds. Would love to find a buddy for a few quarry dives and off to the water slide.

I can't dive this weekend, but I'll be there Tuesday with a friend and my fiance if anyone wants to get in the water. It's her second dive since being certified last weekend. We're going to work out her weighting and then just work on bouyancy mostly. I think that's what she needs more than anything...and I can always use the practice.

Shane

Chris, I forgot to get back to you on your questions. The quarry is still open to evening dives every Wednesday, Air is still not available on site yet, but when it is, it will be available to everyone, not just park visitors.

great!!

Thanks Dave

Just got back from a hike up the mountain and the North winds were kicking in pretty strong. I also not the wavecam at Narr Beach shows some choppy water with small swells coming in. I know Ft Wetherill is sheltered from North Winds but with swells and all it usually makes for choppy conditions at the points and the crevas were I like to dive.

Well just got a call and the mission for tomorrow is a dive to the North Brother island at Rocky Neck state park. I dont want just a dive, I want an adventure. Its for the Expedition New England video as Scotts grant has Rocky Neck as one of his requirements.

I'll be at the Quarry today incase someone needs an insta-buddy. I'll probably be there around 10:30.

Medic...Thanks for letting me team up with you guys. I never saw that much of the park before. Goodluck with the reg. See you next time. JR

I'm meeting up there with another board user today - Thursday the 26th. We'll be there at 4:00 if anyone needs a buddy.

I may be interested. If we get in by 5 pm are we going to be rushed to get out by 6pm closing. Last time we dove late we had a 2 hr dive and ended up getting out at 9pm.

I guess I must ask at what time do we have to be out of the water? Also how deep would you want to go so I know wether to bring a drysuit or not.

I live in Middletown so Im only 5 mins or so away.

Just call me trilam 7millimeter.

all4scuba05:
Medic...Thanks for letting me team up with you guys. I never saw that much of the park before. Goodluck with the reg. See you next time. JR

JR.

No problem. Any time. It was good to have you dive with us. Glad you got to explore some more of the park. It's pretty incredible how the viz opens up once you get down off that lower platform. Thanks for saving my dive too so I could take Kristen back out again. It was greatly appreciated. As for my octo, it's already at the shop being serviced. I should have it back today or tomorrow. Let me know when you're free to get out and do some more diving. We'll be trying to go pretty regularly, at least until she gets more comfortable. Then we'll start going to some other sites as well.

Shane

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom