Anyone from Little Rhody

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

wreckedinri:
Sorry! My bad.

Dennis, I was only goofing. It was said tongue in cheek.

I appreciate everyones help and advice. Thank you all.

We went and it was fun, in a nostalgic "remember how thrilled we were to be seeing this stuff for the first time. We were such n00b's that we felt like Mike Freakin' Nelson splashing around in 15 feet of water," sort of way. Doubt we'll ever feel the need to go back again, but it was fun for what it was. And hell, any dive is always better than not diving.

We had a friend with us, a beginner who was ironing off the rust. I couldn't get him to leave the damned inflator hose alone and stop putting air in the wing. Every time he submerged he would put in air and head back up. It was pretty comical to watch. "That's not an elevator button, leave it alone."

We found a mask on our way out. Describe it and claim it.

We did the Rhode Island thing on the way home and had an Aweful Aweful. I'm glad I live sort of far away, a guy could grow to like those things. And my arse is too big as it is.

Have they done anything with those large cement "steps" in the entry area? We did a night dive there a couple of years ago and between the rocks and the blocks of cement you could of broken both ankles!!

I have to admit the dive was fun.

RIOceanographer:
I'm not making this up, the other day I was was talking to someone at work and I actually said, "You remember that pizza place that used to be next to the Fleet Bank... I mean where the Fleet Bank used to be...." at which point I slapped my forehead "Arrgh! I am starting to speak like a Rhode Islander!!! I've gone local!!!"

That's something that can't be helped . . . must be something in the water!

paulthenurse:
Dennis, I was only goofing. It was said tongue in cheek. . . .

No sweat, I thought that was the case. These threads can be fun if we choose the make'em so.:D

On a bit of a more serious note; King's Beach can be a very nice dive but be careful around the entry while traversing the former boat ramp on the way in. Besides the aforementioned ankle busting concrete ties, there are sharp metal rods that once bound the ties together to be careful of. Nothing deadly, but they can slice a boot (and perhaps a foot) open quite easily. I was giving a friend a hand as a DM a few years ago when I cut the hard boot of my drysuit wide open while walking in to do a dive. Just a heads up . . . not intended to make anyone stay away . . . just to be aware.

Be Safe,
Dennis

Ok Dennis, we're cool. You're right though, those concrete ties are distal tib/fib fractures in the making.

Hey Chris, don't feel bad, I still refer to Bank of America, aka Fleet Bank, as Baybank. Drives Alice crazy. "It's NOT Baybank. There is no more Baybank. It hasn't been Baybank in 20 years. Get over it!")

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom