Anyone give up diving for lent?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Uggh I never thought I'd discuss religion on scuba board. I'm going to bed..

I didn't exactly mean to start a religious discussion, really I was just kinda celebrating and kidding. Clearly I was mainly addressing others who had gone through a similar experience and in no way meant to impose that belief on others, I had no idea that my personally giving up something I indulge in for a period of time would be so upsetting to others.

I live in the Bible Belt and I don't know how many times I have been told I am going to hell...

Sounds like some one holds hands out of wedlock to me...burn him!

However, I did give up women for Lent. I thought it was only fair since they've all given up on me the past year.

ha

rockjock3:
I thought God was a diver? So, why would you want to give up diving for lent?

God is not a diver....he is part of the oldest profession in history

:D civil engineer, of course:wink:

diverdan214:
As I sit here and finish a tub of ice cream in post-easter bliss I wondered is anyone devout enough to give up diving for lent? Thought about it? What did you give up instead?

OMG! I may not get to dive as often as I'd like but I did get some dives in during Lent. I don't think I could have given up diving. Instead, I gave up Diet Coke and sugar. That first sip of Diet Coke after so long was oh so good. :D I think I'm addicted to Diet Coke. I could have really tortured myself by giving up Starbucks but that just wasn't going to happen. :coffee:

The last thing I ever gave up for Lent was giving up things for Lent. Actually, it's the only thing I've ever given up and I stuck with it. In this respect, Lent has lasted since I was 17. :rofl3:

rawls:
I live in the Bible Belt and I don't know how many times I have been told I am going to hell...
I don't mind going to hell, all my friends will be there. :eyebrow:

noobascooba:
can you have a religion based around a lack of beliefs? Perhaps. I don't know. Some atheists do have a fervor approaching religious..

Personally I think not believeing in god, living life according to a humanist moral code and not getting too het up about other people's beliefs is just common sense.. But then there are always people ready to label themselves/ others.

Uggh I never thought I'd discuss religion on scuba board. I'm going to bed..

damn you axl, made me want pop corn. :)
It's no different than chemists apearing to have a fervor when talking to alchemists.

"Watch me while a turn this 3# weight into gold"

- "Argh, you freaking moron"

"Watch me while I pray my sister's cancer away"

What else are we to say?

Now I'll don my flame suit.

underwaterangel:
I don't mind going to hell, all my friends will be there. :eyebrow:

I'm sure I would be right there with ya, if I actually believed in it...

:D
IMG_0484-1.jpg

Back
Top Bottom