Anyone give up diving for lent?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dmdoss:
I'm just hoping there is a good place to dive in hell.

At least it will not be cold water diving, nice and warm:D

I'm an orthodox Pizzatarian ... and I nearly gave up diving for lent ... but not intentionally.

... I lent out so much gear that I almost didn't have enough for me ... :11:

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Oh, well: My wife and I had absolutely no qualms about diving every day for two weeks in Palau last month:redhot: But I'm sure our daily meditations on the beauty and wonder of the oceans will redeem us :D

GA Under Water:
what is this "Lent?"
Lent is a 40-day period of penance in the Catholic and Orthodox calendar, that begins on Ash Wednesday (the day after Fat Tuesday/Mardi Gras) and finishes on Easter Sunday. It's meant to be a spiritual preparation for Easter, and commemorate the 40 days Jesus spent in the desert enduring doubt and temptation. (Mardi Gras/Fat Tuesday is such a wild orgy because you're not supposed to have fun for the next 40 days...)

(Yup, raised as a Catholic; how else would I know this?)

Phenol:
Oh, well: My wife and I had absolutely no qualms about diving every day for two weeks in Palau last month:redhot: But I'm sure our daily meditations on the beauty and wonder of the oceans will redeem us :D

Lent is a 40-day period of penance in the Catholic and Orthodox calendar, that begins on Ash Wednesday (the day after Fat Tuesday/Mardi Gras) and finishes on Easter Sunday. It's meant to be a spiritual preparation for Easter, and commemorate the 40 days Jesus spent in the desert enduring doubt and temptation. (Mardi Gras/Fat Tuesday is such a wild orgy because you're not supposed to have fun for the next 40 days...)

(Yup, raised as a Catholic; how else would I know this?)

Sorry :) forgot to put on my smiley faces. Married a Catholic, Raised Southern Baptist, the only difference, , , Catholics will talk to yo in a liquer Store :)

ummm...consider reading the book, "23 minutes in hell"

I just wish that I got to dive enough or had a place close enough so that I could give it up for lent. Have not had a chance to get into the water since October of 06

Back
Top Bottom