Anyone going to Coz 12/25-1/1

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hey Bruce, so you're Coz bound for Christmas again! Cool......

We're thinking of another stay at Fiesta Americana.

Maybe we'll have to hook up, and I'll show you some killer Fiji dive photos. (no flooded dive housing this trip, but we did have a baggage handler steal a Nikon 4 meg pix camera from our luggage.) POOP!, but 2 meg pixels are better than no mega pixels right? We always carry a spare dive camera now!

Hi Andy,
Yes, we would like to meet you! That would be cool. Lets set something up. We don't have a vehicle.. should we? We are getting one later when we go to Playa. Where and when do you want to meet?
CoconutGirl

coconutgirl:
Hi Andy,
Yes, we would like to meet you! That would be cool. Lets set something up. We don't have a vehicle.. should we? We are getting one later when we go to Playa. Where and when do you want to meet?
CoconutGirl

There are some great restaurants in Coz. We like The French Quarter or Especias, both are abit upscale, but the food is wonderful. As for a time, Tuesday or Wednesday night would be good.

As for getting a vehicle, I suppose taxis are cheaper, but we like the freedom of movement and we'll need daily transportation to our dive op. It's also the best way to explore the other side of the island. Although, I have heard that Coconuts got blown away by the hurricane. We could probably pick you up that night. You're making a wise decision about getting a car at PDC. You will have a lot more freedom. Make sure you get at least one dive in a cenmote while you are there.

Andy and Coconut.. looks like my girlfriend and I will also be staying at Caribe Blu from 25-30. This could be a big scubaboard fiesta!! Michael

renpirate:
There are some great restaurants in Coz. We like The French Quarter or Especias, both are abit upscale, but the food is wonderful. As for a time, Tuesday or Wednesday night would be good.

As for getting a vehicle, I suppose taxis are cheaper, but we like the freedom of movement and we'll need daily transportation to our dive op. It's also the best way to explore the other side of the island. Although, I have heard that Coconuts got blown away by the hurricane. We could probably pick you up that night. You're making a wise decision about getting a car at PDC. You will have a lot more freedom. Make sure you get at least one dive in a cenmote while you are there.

renpirate:

Especias is great, probably my favorite on the island, but I wouldn't call it upscale.

Upscale restaurants here are La Cocay, Mesa 17, guidos, french Quarter, Pepe's Grill.

mickeyroi:
Andy and Coconut.. looks like my girlfriend and I will also be staying at Caribe Blu from 25-30. This could be a big scubaboard fiesta!! Michael

You are more than welcome to come along. The more the merrier, but might be a bit croweded in the Jeep. ;-)

Christi:
Especias is great, probably my favorite on the island, but I wouldn't call it upscale.

Upscale restaurants here are La Cocay, Mesa 17, guidos, french Quarter, Pepe's Grill.

True, I guess I really meant the French Quarter. Especias would be great, but I think we defintely need to make some reservations since its so popular.

BTW, you are more than welcome to join us if you have the time.

P.S. Do you know if they are going to rebuild Coconuts?

renpirate:
True, I guess I really meant the French Quarter. Especias would be great, but I think we defintely need to make some reservations since its so popular.

BTW, you are more than welcome to join us if you have the time.

P.S. Do you know if they are going to rebuild Coconuts?

Coconuts is reopen already, but at this point I think they are only serving beer. I haven't been out there myself, this is just what I've heard.

They are going to rebuild, I think they are just waiting on palapa material and the rebuild permit. I think by December it will be back to normal.

Reservations for Especias are definitely recommended, particularly for a large group. He is very popular and has limited space :)

You never have to twist my arm to go there :) I'm actually having dinner there tonight with some divers that have been to Coz four times...but NEVER to Especias...can you believe it..haha!

Christi:
Coconuts is reopen already, but at this point I think they are only serving beer. I haven't been out there myself, this is just what I've heard.

They are going to rebuild, I think they are just waiting on palapa material and the rebuild permit. I think by December it will be back to normal.

Reservations for Especias are definitely recommended, particularly for a large group. He is very popular and has limited space :)

You never have to twist my arm to go there :) I'm actually having dinner there tonight with some divers that have been to Coz four times...but NEVER to Especias...can you believe it..haha!

Great! It will be a pleasure to meet you and hopefully a whole bunch of other scubaboardians!

Hi Michael,
This sounds very cool! We will be at the Caribe Blu from 26-2. We should get together while we are there. Who knows, maybe we will be diving together.
I am getting pretty excited!
Coconut Girl
mickeyroi:

Back
Top Bottom