Anyone going to Coz 12/25-1/1

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rje634:
Not Sure if French Quarter will be open, when we were there last week they were putting on the roof.
Although the way that the locals are rapidly getting things back together it would not surprise me if they were open by the time you get there.

Yes Especias is closed and Adrian is opening in a new location. We were disappointed that we couldn't dine there after all the great things that we heard about Especias here on the board.
While we were there we went to La Choza, Casa Denis, Sonora Grill, Pepe's Grill, Prima, Las Palmas (cocina economica), La Mission on 30th, Rock-n-Java, and El Moreno, all were good, most were great..

Have fun...

Thanks for the update. We'll have to hit especias next time.

Sorry, this is a late entry... French Quarter will not be open for at least another week or two. I saw Mike just last week so this is the real scoop. Las Palmas (cocina economica) is not open for dinner, just lunch. The other suggestions will all work.

Sonora Grill is a personal favorite for a special (meaning medium price) night and La Mission on 30th is a top choice for a very reasonable huge platter of yummy food. It's more of a locals place.

For cheap eats local style there are huaraches at Chilango's on 30th. Huaraches are large oval tortillas a little thicker than normal, piled with your choice of toppings (chicken, pork, cactus, mushrooms, mashed potatoes, beef strips, more) in addition to lettuce, a smear of beans and some string cheese on top... on the grill until the cheese gets melty. Served at a plastic table with your choice of soda or beer. There's usually a soccer game on tv. Very, very local.... each huarache will run you 18 pesos (about $1.75) with one topping. Mmmmmm....

Sally
Barefoot in Cozumel

Thanks for the update Sally. Would you like to join us? I am trying to make it a bit of a scubaboard affair.

What about Guido? I hear it is still open and I remember their food be very good.

Thanks, Ren, I'd love to join you guys. Guido's is fine... I'll go wherever. Someone just needs to decide where. It's for Tueday the 27th, right? I saw one post for 6pm, is that okay? Ren, you might want to start a new thread just on this. The length of this thread may discourage people from reading.

Sally
Barefoot in Cozumel

Back
Top Bottom