Anyone going to the Diverite Tech tour?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
I saw the post about the Diverite Tech tour at Clear Springs in mid-September and I’m planning on going. I didn’t get to go last year because I had to work, but I already told my boss I need the time off this year.

I am working towards going tech and want to see what’s available. Is it really free or is there a cost involved to use the stuff they have? If so, it seems like a good idea to try out things without having to buy it first. I’m interested in comparing drysuits too (anyone have a Diverite drysuit already?). Can you buy any of the stuff they have there?

They had some rebreathers last year and it says they will have them again this time. Probably out of my ability and price range right now, but I still want to try one.

I’d like to hook up with anybody that’s going to be there so we can dive together. I’m planning to get there at 10, and I have a silver 2006 Honda Accord.

Russ

I've got some customers coming up from Austin. I cannot make it due to another show in Houston.

Dive Rite does not sell anything at the demo, but they will hook you up with a local dealer. There is no charge to use the equipment with the exception of the rebreather. I think there is a nominal $25.00 charge to use it. Still, very affordable.

Don't you have to have a rebreather cert to dive them? And no door charge like DUI Dog Days? Just gate fee to CSSP?

You pay the gate fee- that's all for most of the equipment.

Last year they had multiple, wings, back plates, harnesses, lights, computers.
Also they had the Nomad last year and can talk about things in the pipe.

This is an excellent time to try gear before you buy it. They have you sign a release and provide drivers license and dive certifications.
You will need to bring tanks and your standard dive gear as usual. Ron outlines this in his release.
Please see here- http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/3755835-post1.html

You select the gear that you want to try and they help you with gearing up and make sure you are comfortable.

Rebreather experiences are a little different.
They bring in a rebreather instructor, they provide the O2, air diluent and cartridges.
Then you take a brief lecture on how the units works, what you are to experience and the principles. Then the instructor will take you to a dive platform to get you to feel what it is like. So this is a controlled dive in a great environment.

From my perspective last year it was AWESOME.
While all divers can appreciate the process someone with 'advanced nitrox' or 'technical diving' background will understand the advantages of the unit a little faster.
It's hard to explain what its like to dive in complete silence and you can hear open circuit divers before you can see them. This is something that was a great experience for me.

Ron is the pro so direct questions are best directed towards him.
If you know you are coming specifically for the rebreather- I would send Ron an email and make sure you let him know. Spaces are limited and this is a great chance for people who are seriously interested in the unit to try it before buying it.

Andrew

Kunk35 and I are planning on being there, I think Kory wants to try out a rebreather. I won't be trying out any Dive Rite stuff, so if anybody out there wants to dive with me while Kory is playing.... let me know!:D

Rhonda

Hi Russ,

We hope you enjoy the Tech Tour. It is a great opportunity to try out a whole range of Dive Rite gear in the water. You can check out photos and some stories from the 2008 Tech Tour so far here, they might give you an idea of what to expect on the day: Technical Dive Gear Demo Day and Tryouts: Dive Rite Tech Tour

I hope you have a fantastic time!

If you have any further questions don't hesitate to contact us.
Best,
Ag

Howdy!

Glad to see so much interest out there, this is going to be a real fun-time.

You asked about an extra ‘gate-charge’. Nope - no extra charge for anything besides the standard CSSP gate-fee (well ok, except for a minimal materials charge for the O2ptima Rebreather Experience-Dive with an Instructor).

The O2ptima Experience Dive has always been a huge hit. You can also try out any of our lights, regs, TransPacs, Aircells, Nomads, drysuits, and so on (... I don’t have room to list EVERYTHING here!), so just plan on coming out and investing some quality time with us. That’s what we’re here for.

I can’t think of a better way to help out divers (newbies or ‘barnacles&#8217:wink: make informed choices and decisions on scuba-equipment. Who buys a car without taking it for a test-drive?

Russ – I’m looking forward to meeting up with you, you’re just the kind of diver we want to see there. Of course, we also want to see the old grouches… I mean “Groups”… as well.

Mack - We'll take care of your divers, and be thinking of you while we're having fun.

Rhonda – I bet when Kory gets back from his rebreather-dive, he’s going to talk you into diving it too (heh-heh-heh).

CrazyDuck/Andrew – Hope to see you there.

Ladyvalea – We will be happy to spend as much time as needed with you. Also, my wife is an expert in the details of helping folks (especially women) getting fitted in any of our gear, and answering your questions.

All in all, we’re looking forward to a great weekend. The plan is for us to be at the top of the hill on the left side as you enter (Robert and the other gate-folks can direct you). Just look for the DiveRite banners, the crowds of people, and the green motorhome.

Thanks!
Ron
DiveRite-SouthWest

Ill be out there, need to do some light comparisons before I buy my next primary.

Greetings -

I'd like to re-assure everyone that the DiveRite Tech-Tour is definitely still-on for this weekend (September 20-21) at Clear Springs. I've fielded several calls already asking if it's been canceled because of weather or whatever, and I wanted to let you that we will be there rain-or-shine. If it had been last weekend, however... that would have been a different story... but this weekend's forecast is for terrific weather! And perfect for camping and hanging-out.

So, come on out early, spend a day or both days and check out and dive all the new and exciting gear we have to show you.

Thanks!
Ron

Back
Top Bottom