Anyone have an Invicata Subaqua watch?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Some of the simpler ones aren't too bad, but they still ain't cool as Seiko automatics.:eyebrow:

I dunno...I don't wear my watches every day, so my automatics have a tendency to run down. huge fan of the eco-drive on the citizen, and a huge fan of ugly. :D

I dunno...I don't wear my watches every day, so my automatics have a tendency to run down. huge fan of the eco-drive on the citizen, and a huge fan of ugly. :D

Ditto! Not to mention what a citizen dive watch can do over all the others, depth, temp, time in/out, interval, accent warning etc. A god basic dive CPU. :wave:

Attachments

• JV0010-08E.jpg
    JV0010-08E.jpg
    24.3 KB · Views: 46
Well, I heard from Invicta today. They claim they will be able to fix the watch and get it back to me by April 17th, good as new. They also promised to pressure test it to make sure this won't happen again.

Now to wait....

:popcorn:

I do have a question. When an automatic watch floods, is the factory able to clean them up and make them work again or will they need to replace the insides?

Thanks,
Joe

Don't know, depends on the corrosion and electricals.

I do have a question. When an automatic watch floods, is the factory able to clean them up and make them work again or will they need to replace the insides?

Thanks,
Joe

I'd imagine that they'd, at the least, replace the movement with a new one rather than trying to clean and re-lube it. Heck - they have a warehouse full of those movements - might as well pop a new one in rather than spend 10 hours cleaning and reworking your salt-encrusted one!

Good of them to take care of you!

Wow, a little over a month and my watch was delivered back to me. It looks like the entire insides were replaced as everything is shiny and new looking. According to Invicta, they shipped it back to the Swiss factory for repair.

I'm pleased with Invicta service and now to try diving with it.
:crafty:

Wow, a little over a month and my watch was delivered back to me. It looks like the entire insides were replaced as everything is shiny and new looking. According to Invicta, they shipped it back to the Swiss factory for repair.

I'm pleased with Invicta service and now to try diving with it.
:crafty:

Hopefully it won't leak again. If it were to leak again, there's a Seiko diver watch out there waiting for you to give it a good home from BlueDial.com.:D

O.K. hold the phone! The watch is not working right, the GMT hand is gaining an hour or two each day, through the caseback glass I could see rust in several places as well as oxidation.

I called Invicta and was on hold for twenty minutes. Option two was to leave a message for customer service and when I tried that, the customer service mailbox was full. (Bad sign) Finally after I called back and got a person, they said to send it in again, with another $20.00 shipping and handling fee and they would repair it, again. I asked about my money back and they said that is not their policy and would not do it. I then asked about a replacement and they said it needs to be sent back to the factory twice before they would even consider a replacement. I left a message for the manager.

This is my last Invicta....:depressed::depressed:

Cool watch but I got a lemon.

Back
Top Bottom