Anyone have an Invicata Subaqua watch?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

O.K. hold the phone! The watch is not working right, the GMT hand is gaining an hour or two each day, through the caseback glass I could see rust in several places as well as oxidation.

I called Invicta and was on hold for twenty minutes. Option two was to leave a message for customer service and when I tried that, the customer service mailbox was full. (Bad sign) Finally after I called back and got a person, they said to send it in again, with another $20.00 shipping and handling fee and they would repair it, again. I asked about my money back and they said that is not their policy and would not do it. I then asked about a replacement and they said it needs to be sent back to the factory twice before they would even consider a replacement. I left a message for the manager.

This is my last Invicta....:depressed::depressed:

Cool watch but I got a lemon.

that really stinks, sam. I have an ivicta "dive watch" that will never touch more water than the kitchen sink. I bought it because it was attractive to me. I mean, everyone should have a watch with a 60mm bezel, right? :D hopefully they'll stop acting dodgy and do a decent repair job this time, instead of just giving you the runaround. in the meantime, consider the aforementioned seiko and citizen watches. putting in my personal plug for the citizen professional diver again, it's definitely a dive tool. get the 300 meter one, it should keep you in good stead!

Just cut to the chase and get yourself a Seiko.

I recently grabed a Seiko SBBN007 (the 'Tuna Can'): it's waterproof to 300m and is a very, very solid lump of steel.

s_sbbn007a1.jpg

Picked one up from SieyaJapan for $530 and been very happy with it: had it down to 170 ft no problems

If you want a good looking analog dive watch (ie no lcd screens) that still tells you the depth then do a google search for chris benz dive watches: I believe the're a modified citizen.

Cheers,
Rohan.

Low and behold, Invicta replaced the watch and sent me a shiny brand new one! My emotion must have been detected by the customer service manager. I'm quite impressed and happy. Although, I'm thinking this watch will only get as wet as in a pool and never 95 feet in the ocean. In the mean time, I will probably use my Casio for diving.
:wink::wink::wink:

Well, there is no way I'm going to have a 500 meter dive watch and not dive with it. I just returned from the Caribbean and did multiple dives with my Invicta Subaqua without any incident. The watch works perfectly, as it should! My thanks to Invicta for replacing my watch.

There must have been a bad seal or something on the other watch.

Happy diving!

This was a good thread for me to read.
I collect the lesser expensive "Dive Watches".
I have heard up and down on the Invictas.
I think my favorites are the St. Moritz line,
because they are uncommon, at least where I live, and they are big bang for the buck.
Whatever, plenty of great 35 dollars watches for diving out there.
Chug

Well, there is no way I'm going to have a 500 meter dive watch and not dive with it. I just returned from the Caribbean and did multiple dives with my Invicta Subaqua without any incident. The watch works perfectly, as it should! My thanks to Invicta for replacing my watch.

There must have been a bad seal or something on the other watch.

Happy diving!

I am glad to hear that it worked out good... I like Invicta watches, and I am glad to hear that they took care of it for you....

Phil

I have a pulsar divers 200 meter and a citizen eco drive 300 meter professional diver. The citizen is big and heavy and easy to read. And the bezel works with my new dry gloves even!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom