Anyone In Kingston Area?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mischief

Registered
Reaction score
Hey whats up, Im completely new to the diving scene and having actually been on a dive, but am going for my o/w soon. I was wondering if there is any peeps in kingston area.

Mischief

Oh yes indeedy, I'm a recent OW cert myself and have done a bit of freediving locally.............

You still getting wet? This time of year with the water temps in the high 40's?

no no no i havent actually got my O/W
im goin to be gettin it as soon as possible.
i think im actually going to get my DM aswell.
Im interested in gettin a career in Diving, but its hard to say because the money is not good.

With a name like Mischief one does have to wonder about that 1998 date of birth?

That would put you in kindergarten at this point in your diving career :D

That age looks more reasonable now :)
Welcome to the board and in case you haven't realized Kingston has some of the best wreck diving on the planet. Some of the best fresh water sailing too so not a bad place to call home.

Mischief once bubbled...
no no no i havent actually got my O/W
im goin to be gettin it as soon as possible.
i think im actually going to get my DM aswell.
Im interested in gettin a career in Diving, but its hard to say because the money is not good.

mischief get your OW first, do about 60-100 dives then consider doing your DM. Experience makes all the difference, plus a good DM needs to be well skilled and knowledgeable in diving. As for the career in diving, the money shouldn't matter, as long as you like/love what your doing, that should motivate you to get up every morning. :)

Hey Mischief... welcome to diving...
If I were you, I'd just get out there and dive as much as I could. You'll get some people advising you to head the DM/Instr route right off the bat, but it's maybe not the way to go. If you like teaching then jump right in, but some experience would really make you a better teacher. Not to mention, you can expect to spend a good number of weekends helping on courses instead of getting your personal diving in. Hauling tanks around, floating in the pool, and babysitting people in 40 feet of water. Ontario has far too many beautiful wrecks for that.... Just my $ 0.02 Teaching can be fun, but like you said, there's not much coin in it.... it's important to love your job, but you have to live as well. I've found that many teachers go full tilt for a while, then get out of it almost entirely before long.
In any event, have a great time with your diving.... and good luck....

dive safe all.....

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom