Anyone in Okinawa?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Only if you aren’t good at air consumption.

I’m sure they’re out there. Most places just ask that you come up at 800psi or 50bar

If you are on boat dives with many of the Japanese captains dive times can be very limited - in some places as short as 30-35 minutes. On Okinawa the normal rule for Japanese captains is 45-50 minutes. There are exceptions to this rule but this is very normal on boats- also many of the Japanese shops tend to dive in large groups with a single guide so if boat diving make sure you ask for limits on dive time and group size.

I’ve not been on one that short but I also choose small charters. There are some that will drop a full on herd of divers out there. I’ve been at a couple sites where suddenly 20 or 30 divers appear. Most of them are uprightish and bicycle kicking. Haven’t had it occur often but it’s happened

Problems getting a dive if you are older, a friend could not dive there as he was over 65! Despite the fact he dives most weeks here in Sydney and is very fit.

We can have ourselves a SB Okinawa meet-up :wink:
I’m back on island for the next several months at least if any y’all want to meet up for a tank or two. Send me a dm

Kadena/Mizugama/Sunabe area is easiest for me to pop off for a couple hours, can do Onna, Madea, and Kin pretty easy on a weekend. Other places w a few days notice to make sure I haven’t already booked my weekend

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom