Anyone looking to buy a gun.... here is my story

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ironhed

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I am very new to this sport as well as a new diver. I had maybe 25 dives under my belt and was kicking around the idea of buying a spear gun. I had contacted Chad Carney about my bcd as he rep's the company. I talked to him awhile and during our conversation I mentioned buying a gun sometime soon. He was doing a wong demo day not far from when I had talked to him. He offered to show me the guns on his 36' boat "cubera" and I took up the offer. This day was really a pivot point in my life really. I showed up in tampa at 6:30 and we went out and I learned how to load and shoot both lineshaft and freeshaft with the assistance of a very good instructor. I saw and felt the high quality of a Daryl Wong gun and could not believe how accurate it was. I ended up buying a 57" middle grounds special or MGS. Since then I got very involved reading posts and asking questions on spearboard. I quickly met up with some of the members and got out there and started shooting fish. I cannot say enough about Daryl Wong as a person to deal with when buying a gun. We had multiple phone conversations and I finally settled on a gun to suit my immediate needs. I plan on buying another Wong gun in the near future too. His price for a gun seems high but his commitment to perfection in my book is unmatched in the industry he hand builds each and every gun and stands by them for life. Here is what my first few trips produced.
If you are considering buying a gun that will last a lifetime and are the kind of person that demands the best you should check out this site. www.wongspearguns.com
email him any questions you might have. Daryl is a great guy and always will take care of you. Not many people out there I will reccomend but I am confident about Daryl 100%.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom