Anyone near Montreal goes spearfishing?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dwellex

Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi,

I've been wanting to start spearfishing for quite a while...I don't know anyone near Montreal that does this kind of sport. I asked a few of my buddies and no one wants...I even asked my girlfriend since I got her in to scuba last year but she said no as well.

Anyone who lives near Montreal and would like to go spearfishing?

Thanks!

Alex

hey just saw your post while searching through google. but ya i just started spear fishing too. i have a couple friends who are more experienced than me.

up till now i've gone one time. not bad 3 nice bass. in one morning. and a couple drum fish.

was woundering if you still go? where do you go?

hi, im interested to try this, next year project, if you have any place or advice, it's will be appreciated.. je suis de quebec.

hey

cheek out
scuba store . com

they have a bunch of guns on sale i just baught the omer one decent price when you comapre to total diving on sherbrook. anyways i know my friend even goes in the winter with a 7 on 7 wet suit. do you have your own gun yet?

philmtl: no i don't.. for now im the only one in my area and diver friends that want to try a speargun.. thanks for the link, they have good price as you said

btw, is there any good tips for newbie about buying one.. pneumatic or slings ? etc etc

i prefer the ones with a sling since you are always ready for that kill shot as long as your band is ready. also the pneumatics u gota pump and stuff.
my friend has the JBL which he doesn't like very much but it works, my other friend has the cressi Geronimo which he likes alot and i'm waiting for the omer Excalibur 2000 ill give you sum news when i get it.

Hi, I also started hunting this year and looking for people to go with. i'm from the north shore of montreal. I heard that Valleyfield is the best spot around montreal. I have a Mares Sten Mini gun and it works well for short distance.

yes Vallyfield is where i go, if u want to go i'll go with you but i still haven't received my spear gun so except if u have 2 guns...
well if you have a wet suit i recommend a 7 on 7 we can even go this winter.

I unfortunately don't have 2 guns. let me know when you get yours and we can go. I have all I need in terms of wetsuits as I'm a divemaster too. I'm going to be out of the country until the 2nd of Nov. Let me know.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom