Anyone tried the Bism White Beans Reg?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

N8nbkk

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I live in Bangkok and a shop here swears the Bism White Beans regulator is fantastic but I cannot find any reviews on it and have never seen anyone actually ever using it on a dive. Anyone have info about it? I'm currently using Apeks XL4+ and MK25/S620TI

I never have heard of them before. They appear to be a new company, maybe from Japan. I went to there website and for regulators really did not see any useful information. It looks like it was written by not divers. No technical specifications Easily found. I did download the PDF manual that did have the technical specs, but it also had misspelled words (perhaps it’s the translation). It nice to know I have an option for a hose with dolphins on it. Good luck getting them serviced.

I would take the wait and see approach before buying a set. To be honest I am surprised for someone who uses the models you mentioned above would even consider these regs.

I never have heard of them before. They appear to be a new company, maybe from Japan. I went to there website and for regulators really did not see any useful information. It looks like it was written by not divers. No technical specifications Easily found. I did download the PDF manual that did have the technical specs, but it also had misspelled words (perhaps it’s the translation). It nice to know I have an option for a hose with dolphins on it. Good luck getting them serviced.

I would take the wait and see approach before buying a set. To be honest I am surprised for someone who uses the models you mentioned above would even consider these regs.
Hi,

Thank you for the reply. I totally agree with you. I'm trying to convince my girlfriend to NOT buy this Bism reg. She got talked into possibly trying them at a shop, and after some research I felt she definitely SHOULD NOT buy them since I cannot find any info about them at all. She wanted to buy it, "because it's light and cute". Sigh...

She wanted to buy it, "because it's light and cute".

May Allah be with you, it is impossible to reason with this line of thinking, at least I can't.

She wanted to buy it, "because it's light and cute".

The Mares "Proton MR42 She Dives" would probably fit into that category, but I doubt they are available anymore.

Seems like I’m the only person who knows anything about this brand.

It’s made by Bridgestone. It’s by far the most popular regulator brand used in Japan right now by Japanese divers.

Most people in Japan use the CMAS style, where the secondary regulator is routed to the left. Thus, most regulators have the LP hose going from the bottom so they can be used left or right handed.

I’ve never used one, so I can’t really provide a personal account, but the instructor I dive with, who has far more experience than me says they’re good.

I use scubapro regs. When I showed up the first day and they looked at my gear, they gave me a concerned glance and said “where did you get those? Do they even service them anymore?” The diving scene in Japan outside of Okinawa and a tiny part of Tokyo is…very different from anything seen on scubaboard.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom