Anyone tried the Bism White Beans Reg?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Interesting swivel at the bottom of the regulator and the "stick" spg seems even more... interesting. Not precise but probably effective.

I live in Bangkok and a shop here swears the Bism White Beans regulator is fantastic but I cannot find any reviews on it and have never seen anyone actually ever using it on a dive. Anyone have info about it? I'm currently using Apeks XL4+ and MK25/S620TI
My fellow diver of mine uses Bism as regulator, quite a heavy price tag around here. (more than prominent brands, even).

While it breaths marginally nicer and all due to air outlet barrel being closer to the mouth, long term could be maintenance problems.

There's currently only one technician in Thailand (it's the distributor, of course) which will not sell service kit, nor provide technical training for dive center technicians. And they might charge extra or refuse to service if you don't buy from them (at least this info came from their dealers)

They keep it niche like this maybe beneficial for some groups of divers (and dealers) but they won't get my money, ever. The risk of finding parts, service kits, or technicain service themselves outweight any emotional feel for the brand.

Interesting swivel at the bottom of the regulator and the "stick" spg seems even more... interesting. Not precise but probably effective.
True it's really interesting just be able to feel where your gas is at.

but at a price of a transmitter? maybe I'll take the transmitter.

First single hose ever, in the world, made by another smart Aussie bloke

287 070a.jpg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom