Anyone tried the Bism White Beans Reg?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

1644842383632.png

What kind of unlogical drysuit is this?
Wouldn't air get trapped in the back portion of the drysuit?

Reactions: OTF
This looks like a front entry self donning drysuit with a horizontal zipper and then several folds dry bag style to secure the zipper.

I have one of their first stages. Interesting design, but not for the diy'er and ZERO support in the US. Throw away piston and cupped washers in lieu of a spring if I recall correctly.
I reached out to Ocean Master (supposed US distributor) but they were no longer importing and had no parts. This was 3- 4 years ago.
So it sits in a "some day" box in the cave.

From Diving Express...

Bism White Beans Spec2 Regulator
Cute dolphins swim in your hose.
The head mark evokes dolphins in the sea of a flourishing tropical country
The swing head enables the supreme feel of hold in the mouth to be always sustained.

Damn! Who can beat that!?!

View attachment 707082

What kind of unlogical drysuit is this?
Wouldn't air get trapped in the back portion of the drysuit?
Actually it doesn't. OS Systems uses this design and it works very well.
I had one until it shrunk around the middle (my story and I'm sticking to it). Its probably the easiest for a solo diver to don without assistance next to a diagonal front zip.

She wanted to buy it, "because it's light and cute".

May Allah be with you, it is impossible to reason with this line of thinking...

I consider learning to avoid any attempt at reasoning with this line of thinking as an essential skill to the success of my second marriage.

I went back and forth through the thread, maybe I missed the answer. But the real question is, "White Beans??? Really?"

Maybe it's a broken translation of something cool like 'White Sharkfish'. Perhaps it has some special meaning in Japanese culture. Was there some marketing research to this?

I've been in the industry a while and have been at meetings where we bandied about potential names for some new product. I can't imagine me ever speaking up and saying, "Wait! I got it! We'll call it "White Beans!"

'White Sharkfish'

It isn't "cute"!!!! Don't you get it?????

I can't imagine me ever speaking up and saying, "Wait! I got it! We'll call it "White Beans!"

That's because you don't understand nor appreciate "cute." You are probably not even remotely "cute"!

Back
Top Bottom