Anyone try the surf-fur?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

avlena

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Has anyone tried the surf-fur coat? I can't seem to find any reviews on it, but it looks pretty neat. Surf_Fur Coat

The price is steep though, so I'm not sure I want to take the plunge quite yet.

If not that, what dive coats does everyone use?

Thanks!
-Avlena

This jacket looks like most dive jackets that you can find at a dive shop,even sport chalet sells them.I own a similar jacket that I use while on dive boats and it does keep me pretty toasty between dives. I've owned mine for several years and don't remember how much it cost me.I did'nt see how much the sur fur coat costs.How expensive is it? If you surf/dive or spend a lot of time on the water, it may be worth buying one of these or a similar jacket.Check some out in person at a dive shop or a sport chalet.b Good luck deciding.

A dive coat would be better than the surf-fur because the outer layer is a water proof material & acts as a wind breaker also. JMJ makes a great one for about the same price as the surf-fur.

John

It is not as warm as the boat coat but is good for little chilly but not too cold. I also like the pocket design which allows you to change easily. We got it on sale at Scuba Show, $80 instead of $120. But I still like the boat coat more.

Thanks for all the feedback! Sounds like a lot of people like the TruWest jacket, so we'll probably look into that. :) I did like the changing aspect of the Surf-fur, but that doesn't really merit the $120 pricetag.

JMJ makes a great one for about the same price as the surf-fur.

John

I have the JMJ dive parka and one of my dive buddies just picked up one from DiveParka.com

I like them both. The JMJ has a thick nylon outerpanel but I think that the DiveParka (aka TruWest) has nicer liner. One thing I like about the TruWest is that you get a great selection of colors. Life is too short to be dressing in black all the time. Last time I checked, I wasn't a naval commando.

And the one sold in Sport Chalet is just junk. Thin nylon panel, thin liner and just cheesy in general.

Back
Top Bottom