Anyone try the surf-fur?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

There really is only one best dive coat, and its TruWest. It'll be the last dive coat you buy....
truWest Custom Sport Products

---
Ken
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Like all things they do wear out..

I have owned four Truwest garments and have been using them for perhaps 30 or more years. Two are no longer around--Remember; there is a beginning, a middle and an end to every thing, including a Truwest.

Still own a Truwest parka and a jacket. I always wear the parka after participating in aquatic activities, I wear the jacket almost every evening during the winter months while I walk the dog. On occasion when camping in the wilds on the beach I will wear the parka or the jacket some time during the day

Rugged -yes, bulky-yes, warm -yes, wind proof- yes, water proof- yes, wicks dampness -yes.

Recommend -yes

But remember they do wear out,

Snaps are not the answer. The fabric is best yet and waterproof and warm. The cut is great. Great for changing. The snaps pull out of the fabric. Takes the edge off a nice warm dive parka.

Hi everyone. I am not an active member but I try and maintain as much contact with our customers as I can. I appreciate everyone's feedback on our product, especially greydiver06. In fact, the more criticism (although it is hard to find ;-)) we can find about our products the better we can make our products.

The surf-fur dive parka is fairly close as has been explained here. We have had excellent customer feedback and reviews. Unfortunately we have done a poor job in communicating these comments, both from our website and in other forums.

I want to touch on the 2 concerns I see in this forum. We have been told that our price point is on the higher side and we have also been told that the snaps have been a problem. The surf-fur is made from a unique Polartech fleece. The fleece and cut of the parka, along with the special features (changing pockets, long cut, deep hood, reversibility, breathable yet almost fully waterproof) are what make the parka a little higher in price. With this product you get exactly what you pay for, a well crafted and durable dive parka that will last a long time. Never have we been asked to provide a refund. In fact, we work very hard on our customer service and believe we are second to none. We have been in business since 2005 and work hard to satisfy each and every customer. For example, we realized with a run of Parkas in the summer of 2009 that there was a problem with the snaps. We quickly pulled the entire inventory run and replaced each and every snap from that run by hand. We also helped each customer with a problem either fix or replace any surf-furs they had with this snap problem free of charge. This was a costly experience for us but we were able to act quickly.

Hopefully this helps. If we are fortunate enough to receive your business, because we know there are other good choices out there, then we will make sure you are very happy with your purchase.

i have one but haven't used it much yet. larry uses his, though, since he gets colder between dives in the fusion than i do in my trilam.

I finally picked one up. It's not bad for a lightweight dive parka. Definitely not as warm as my JMJ dive parka. BTW, Surf-Fur, please use better buttons because two of mine already came off and I barely wore the thing. Mine was purchased from Ocean Safari Scuba in January 2010.

Please contract me asap and we can work to replace those snaps for you. Like I mentioned, a small few slipped through the cracks. Surf-fur will not be satisfied unless you are satisfied!

Please contract me asap and we can work to replace those snaps for you. Like I mentioned, a small few slipped through the cracks. Surf-fur will not be satisfied unless you are satisfied!

Thanks for the offer, and the gesture is greatly appreciated, but it's not that big of a deal for me. Would you guys consider using two-ways heavy duty zippers in lieu of buttons?

We have considered using zippers. Infact we did did a survey on the matter. The majority preferred the snaps just because there wouldn't be any "bunching", the snaps were a little more versitile because the wearer could snap 1 or all 6, and there just seemed to be a little more ease of use from the snaps. From a manufacturing standpoint we had to go one direction or the other, if not our prices would have gone up.

Just finished replacing a snap on a customer's Surfur and while she absolutely loves the parka (was the envy of all the parents standing in the rain freezing at her kid's soccer game) she is concerned about the continuing snap failure and I am taking $7.97 out of my pocket every time I have to repair one. BUTTON HOLES AND WOODEN OR PLASTIC TOGGLES ARE THE ARE THE ANSWER. It's a great fabric and great parka. Lousy snaps

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom