Anyone used any Dentists around Playa del Carmen/Cancun area?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I just asked around for my own dentist recommendation and was given a very high recommendation to Coral Dentist here in Playa del Carmen. According to my friend, they had very new clean facilities, spoke english and did a very good job.

I just asked around for my own dentist recommendation and was given a very high recommendation to Coral Dentist here in Playa del Carmen. According to my friend, they had very new clean facilities, spoke english and did a very good job.
Thanks. I think I am going to go with Ruben as mentioned above, but good to have a backup suggestion. Klaus at Playa Scuba - Dive Center - Welcome! - Playa del Carmen, Mexico the Cave Inst there who took us thru The Pit at Dos Ojos and thru Eden last trip suggested a diving dentist around the corner from his hole the wall office; turned out to be Ruben. Having an handful of friends recommend a dentist doesn't prove anything but it's a good lead - and I appreciate yours too. :wink:

Well, great. Down to the final details, and now she tells me she needs a week for the lab work.

As reasonable as that may be for locals, it won't work for me.

I now replanning things with a Cancun dentist: Dr. German Arzate at Dental Mayacancun

I need to get this done before the spring break crazies flood the airplanes. Hope to do it 26-31...?

Honestly, I'd be surprised if you actually save any money by going this route. If you were seeking a bridge, implants, or other expensive fixed prosthodontics (and you were certain that the dentist you were seeing used a good dental lab)--why not. As I had mentioned in a previous message, you better have somebody stateside ready to make adjustments to your new partial denture, especially considering your treatment will involve extractions. I certainly don't blame you for wanting to save money, but sometimes you get what you pay for. One of the hallmarks of a good dentist is their availability when you need them.

Thanks Sprange. Yeah, I'll save enough on the lower plate to easily pay for the entire trip including a week on Cozumel with room, diving, and most meals. If the dentist who did my upper plate was still in business, I'd deal with him but it seems that the others are twice as high here.

Many Texans do this in El Paso/Juarez. I would have preferred to use one in PDC, but they don't seem to be set up for tourist business like some in Cancun, so I'm going that way with one night there after the extractions. No, I don't know much about the lab work but then it's not like one can visit a show room like one can with cars, cell phone, vacuum cleaners, etc. I'm one of the few SB members who admits to using dentures as it is embarrassing to publicize, so I'll go for the adventure and write a report. :wink:

I'm sure I'll pay top dollar for any assistance I get from local dentists if needed, but I haven't seen the one who did my upper plate since he finished me up with that years ago.

Let me know how things turn out, and if you don't mind, what your total bill comes to. I have many patients who vacation to Mexico and I don't particularly enjoy removable cases. It would be nice having another option when it comes to referrals. I suspect that you pay quite a bit more for dentistry, as there is no way somebody could vacation to Mexico for a week on the cost of partial denture (well, unless you got a smoking deal). If you're ever up for a 'cold water' vacation you could make a trip to Vancouver island and save some cash on dentistry too!

Sean

I suspect that you pay quite a bit more for dentistry, as there is no way somebody could vacation to Mexico for a week on the cost of partial denture (well, unless you got a smoking deal). If you're ever up for a 'cold water' vacation you could make a trip to Vancouver island and save some cash on dentistry too!

Sean
Oh it's a full lower denture plate; sorry if I was confusing there.

If dentistry is under Canada's socialize medicine, I suspect that your prices are much more economical than our free enterprises operators here. I have enjoyed Puget diving and would love to do Vancouver sometime late summer, but for this project - I can fly to Cancun for $481 RT now, take care of my denture needs, and enjoy 5 nights, 4 dive days in Cozumel between visits - all for less than the work would cost here.

Oh it's a full lower denture plate; sorry if I was confusing there.

If dentistry is under Canada's socialize medicine, I suspect that your prices are much more economical than our free enterprises operators here. I have enjoyed Puget diving and would love to do Vancouver sometime late summer, but for this project - I can fly to Cancun for $481 RT now, take care of my denture needs, and enjoy 5 nights, 4 dive days in Cozumel between visits - all for less than the work would cost here.

No 'socialized' dentistry here...thank you very much! Anyway if you're ever planning on visiting BC for diving, just make sure it's Vancouver ISLAND and not the city of Vancouver that you choose as your destination. Maybe I'll see you later in the year for a reline:D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom