Anyone used any Dentists around Playa del Carmen/Cancun area?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

No 'socialized' dentistry here...thank you very much! Anyway if you're ever planning on visiting BC for diving, just make sure it's Vancouver ISLAND and not the city of Vancouver that you choose as your destination. Maybe I'll see you later in the year for a reline:D
Oh yeah, I know the difference. I have driven from Seattle to Vancouver city, but to get to Vancouver Is for the diving would be a significant ferry ride.

So, I'm in for a new Mexican adventure. Some of my adventures I do regret, but we'll see...?

thanks!

I just wanted to add that my family and I have been seeing Angelica and her husband Ruben for about 9 years now, and in the last 3 years, we have also seen Alicia. A matter of fact, we just got back from our 16 day trip on the 17th, and my fiance got two wisdom teeth pulled, one mollar, and 9 cavities pulled, and an x-ray all for $650. We did get a slight discount for knowing them for so long. I know the fillings are now $60 per tooth, not filling like here in the US, if you have a tooth with two cavities on it, you are charged per cavity. The x-rays are $75. We have also have had root canal work there, crowns, and extensive jaw bone reconsruction work. Angelica does speak some english, but Alicia is much better. I have brought everyone I know down to them, and would recomend them highly. Any questions, feel free to ask. :wink:

Thanks, Merlynn. Since that's your first post on SB some may think it questionable, but then this is a subject seldom mentioned on SB.

The only reason I deferred to the Cancun dentist is that the PDC clinic uses a Mexico City lab and requires too much lab time for me. I may regret this adventure and end up with less quality goods than I hope for, but it's not like dentists offer showrooms where customers can make informed decisions. Wish they could learn from the cell phone industry and others.

Unable to find more info, I guess I'll go for the adventure, see what happens, and if I take losses - well, I'll report either way. I am not on SB to get dates anyway, so I got over the embarrassment of admitting to dentures. I inform my DMs and Buddies anyway so now I admit it here.

The only reason I deferred to the Cancun dentist is that the PDC clinic uses a Mexico City lab and requires too much lab time for me. I may regret this adventure and end up with less quality goods than I hope for, but it's not like dentists offer showrooms where customers can make informed decisions. Wish they could learn from the cell phone industry and others.

Many offices have models and other demonstration aids that can help a patient better understand a procedure. And yes...a treatment planning room (aka a 'showroom') is a part of a modern dental office. It really doesn't sound like you have much experience with modern dentistry and I absolutely cringe at the cell phone and 'customer' analogy. For many types of crowns I can show the patient exactly how they'll appear with a computer. For a denture however there generally is a try-in phase in which you can see what the teeth look like and how they're positioned. Of course this step is often omitted, but it depends on the office. Until CAD/CAM technology progresses I can't see how you would be able to see what your denture would look like on the first day. It will happen however.

Regarding the new members take on Mexican prices versus USA/Canada: Yes I do charge more if a 'cavity' is larger. More time is involved and significantly more skill as well if a quality result is to be achieved. If the $60 for a restoration was using amalgam...why not. Amalgam is cheap and if you don't bother adding anatomy to make it look like a tooth you can whip them out pretty fast. That's not the way I work, however.

Thanks, Merlynn. Since that's your first post on SB some may think it questionable, but then this is a subject seldom mentioned on SB.

Unable to find more info, I guess I'll go for the adventure, see what happens, and if I take losses - well, I'll report either way. I am not on SB to get dates anyway, so I got over the embarrassment of admitting to dentures. I inform my DMs and Buddies anyway so now I admit it here.

DandyDon:
How is Dr. German Arzate's dental work? I'm thinking to get my implants done with him, but not sure how good his work is.... Thank you!

Hi Dandy, how did you end up choosing Dr German Arzates clinic? I am currently looking to get my dental work done in Cancun but really unsure on the quality of the work and which clinic to use. I have looked on these sites who have had patients give really high reviews:
Find 17 dental clinics Cancun. Book your appointment now!
Dentists Cancun - Find a better Dentist in Cancun

Where else should I be researching clinics before I make a decision. Your help will be much appreciated.
Thanks
He showed up on my google searching, but it didn't give me many choices. It looks like you have a better selection there. Good luck.

Back
Top Bottom