Anyone uses 5mm suit on Roatan in Sept?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

We just got back 9/12 from Roatan. My wife wore a 5mil and hood and was comfortable for 25 dives (water temp 85F)-- she also wore a drysuit there last January. I wore a skin (actually 3 different ones because its nice to always have a dry skin to put on). It all depends on your own personal cold tolerance.

We just got back 9/12 from Roatan. My wife wore a 5mil and hood and was comfortable for 25 dives (water temp 85F)-- she also wore a drysuit there last January. I wore a skin (actually 3 different ones because its nice to always have a dry skin to put on). It all depends on your own personal cold tolerance.

OMG :confused: You made an excellent point: "It all depends on your own personal cold tolerance". If I went diving when the water temperature was 85 degrees and I wore anything more than a skin - I would DIE :shocked2: of heat exhaustion.

OMG :confused: You made an excellent point: "It all depends on your own personal cold tolerance". If I went diving when the water temperature was 85 degrees and I wore anything more than a skin - I would DIE :shocked2: of heat exhaustion.

OMG!!! Gag me with a Spoon!!! You Hoser!!,
But seriously,
Isn't this the same thing Roatanman mentioned in the very first reply to this post?

OMG!!! Gag me with a Spoon!!! You Hoser!!,
But seriously,
Isn't this the same thing Roatanman mentioned in the very first reply to this post?

Yeah, but wouldn't life be dull without us drama queens? I'll bet RoatanMan won't mind...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom