Anyone who's used Scubatoys - Genesis React Pro

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I recently, as in this past week, ordered a set of regs from Larry and the guys at scubatoys.com. My father taught me long ago to never make the first offer, so I let them give me a price quote. I had the LP site open and the shopping cart filled out so I knew exactly what to quote as the price match. Turned out I did not need to. They were $30 less, and I got a free reg bag. Shipping was so fast the package beat me home (I arrive on Monday, it arrived Thursday). Call up, let them make you an offer, then if necessary go for the price match.

The service at scubatoys is really terrific. I bought an atmos console from them; the guage leaked on the first dive, and the next day I had an entire new console arrive at my door. Especially with a computer, the service and warranty is easily as important as a few bucks on the price.

Regarding the genesis and atmos consoles, I believe they're based on the same software, so they should respond very much alike to a given dive profile. The atmos is almost certainly easier to read, though; that's why I bought it.

Well I got my computer today! I feel like my life just got a little easier, Everytime I get a new piece of equipment I feel like a little kid on Christmas morning, now it's off to the secret Bat-pool :blackbat: to give it a whirl.

Does anyone know how good scubatoys are with international orders? I'm in the UK and some of the prices are mouth watering, especially with the $ the way it is right now!

wytch:
Does anyone know how good scubatoys are with international orders? I'm in the UK and some of the prices are mouth watering, especially with the $ the way it is right now!
Yeah, rub it in for those of us Yanks living overseas, getting paid in US$.
11.gif

On their web site (http://www.scubatoys.com/store/faq.asp), they say that "...we have had to set a new policy that we can only accept overseas orders if they are prepaid by international wire transfer, or US certified funds." A wire transfer is likely to be expensive, but still worth it for you.

So e-mail them and ask!

--Marek

wytch:

We ship UK, Australia, New Zealand, Spain, France, etc all the time. We get a special price on UPS international express which gets there in about 2-3 days, and for example a reg setup with gauges going overseas averages about $30-$40 in shipping. An entire setup with reg setup and BC would run about $60 - $75.

So yea, with the US dollar at one of the lowest points in years, our overseas customers have been snapping up a lot of deals.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom