Anyone work for AMERICAN AIRLINES besides me here?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jamdiver:
Thanks i'll keep that map handy..
So feel free to use this thread to pass along any juicy bits about AA.

Question that just crossed my mind, what is the "real" reason behind decreasing the allowed weight of checked luggage from 70lbs to 50lbs.
I have heard that this was a result of demands from the baggage handlers union, but frankly find it hard to believe....

Less weight uses less fuel...everything now is about fuel savings. They can charge now for over 50 pounds adding to increased revenue......I am just glad I have my job the way the fuel prices are...

Hey stang, fuel prices ar putting the bite on us all these days. I fight back with sick leave days and when you have 98 of them built up you have lots of options.

Just wondering, any ideas on how I could of gotten the airline to repair/replace my dive bag last year whey it arrived 2 days late and had the cinch straps ripped off? I know time to resolve the issue is long past just wondering what I should of done. All I got was the texas 2 step from the counter personel and now I fly the competition.

Thanks
Frenchy

stangscuba98a:
Less weight uses less fuel...everything now is about fuel savings. They can charge now for over 50 pounds adding to increased revenue......I am just glad I have my job the way the fuel prices are...

Ahhh fair enough....
That does make sense...

Any inside knowledge on which routes airline crew hate to fly??
I've always heard that Orlando was one, because of all the kids and families..

frenchy07:
Hey stang, fuel prices ar putting the bite on us all these days. I fight back with sick leave days and when you have 98 of them built up you have lots of options.

Just wondering, any ideas on how I could of gotten the airline to repair/replace my dive bag last year whey it arrived 2 days late and had the cinch straps ripped off? I know time to resolve the issue is long past just wondering what I should of done. All I got was the texas 2 step from the counter personel and now I fly the competition.

Thanks
Frenchy

They will fix it....If it was damaged take it to baggage service. My dive bag zipper got broke and it was replaced free. Does not matter if you report it awhile later just not months down the road.

Jamdiver:
Ahhh fair enough....
That does make sense...

Any inside knowledge on which routes airline crew hate to fly??
I've always heard that Orlando was one, because of all the kids and families..

Ya pretty much any with lots of kids or big meal services.

I love flying AA, especially as you don't use 747s on the Heathrow-Boston route. Can't stand the things in general, and with the passport control being overhauled the waits are bad enough as it is.

Just one complaint - why can't I buy a return ticket for that route off the US system but only off the UK system? I wouldn't mind but its almost twice as expensive to fly London-Boston return than Boston-London return, and with my girlfriend living in Boston it makes it an expensive trip. The cheapest fare I've found recently on the London site comes out around 8-900 dollars return which is insane as it was half that only a year back.

/rant

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom