AOW was lots of fun!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

What's the only thing worse than diving with alligators? Diving with alligators you can't see! That must have taken some cahones. The most dangerous animal we had to deal with was the bass. ;-)

Great report! Sounds like you had a great time and learned a lot. Keep it up and happy diving!

GREAT POST!
I can't wait to get my AOW. I'm ready to see how i react at depth and in the dark too.
I get my released by my doctor in two months and it's on...

Thanks for posting that. I've signed up for my AOW and am reading the manual now.
Your post has given me some insight as to what to expect when I'm ready to try.

Cool post Duke!!! I specially liked the bass bite and the alligator you can't see posts. I used to live in Fla...no thanks on the gators for me!!!

Great to hear you had a good experience. We do have some great instructors (and DMs- I DM for DU).

Sounds brilliant! Read your post with interest as my AOW was also booked for this weekend.

My experience was pretty far from that. Picked up a head cold with a migraine to match on Friday. Attended the theory Friday night and Saturday morning, but by the end of the theory on Saturday, was hot from a fever and feeling ordinary. Feeling like a quitter, I approached the instructor and pulled out of the dives. The instructor was really good about it and was really encouraging. The dive shop were also really good and rescheduled he dives for mid June without any fuss. Looking forward to it and will get in some more practice beforehand, based upon your report. Thanks for the post.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom