Apeks XTX

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Just posted this on the regulators for photographers thread but maybe somebody here could answer my question. I'm trying to decide between the Kronos and the Apeks (with wide tee).

The concern with the Kronos is that if you tilt your right ear down, the bubbles would just stream over your face. Can this be avoided with the Apeks XTX50 (or similar Apeks models)? In other words, with the XTX50, if you tilt your head to one side, does the air come out of only one tee that's positioned higher or do the bubbles come out of both?

Illumita,

Both regulators ar excellent choices. The kronos has a couple of advantages over the Apeks regulator that may go over looked. First, it has an Auto-Closure device to the first stage to prevent accidental flooding while rinsing. Secondly, the second stage has the Dual-Cam feature which allows for ease of user adjustability; it is also lighter for travel if that is a concern.

To address your concerns, the Side-X exhaust will always favor the right side when exhaling; whereas the Apeks XTX second stage will vent from both sides of the exhaust. However if you tip your head to the right the majority of bubbles will vent to the left side because it is now the highest point and the path of least resistance for your exhaust.

I hope this helps.

Dan Rodarte
Aqua Lung Regional Manager

I have this regulator...it is by far the best reg i have ever used. I would buy it again with no questions asked.

Do the XTX first stages still have the same integral crown as the previous ones, or have they made the crown replaceable? In my DS4, for example, damage the crown--replace the body.
Keyshunter,

The Crown on the XTX200 is replaceable

fstrecon8653,
Is it possible to apply AquaLung ACD kit on to Apeks XTX200 first stage??
I never thought about it but I'm sure it can't be done. The ACD yoke retainer on the legend is different than the YR on the Kronos (the other AL line to have the ACD), and is nothing like the yoke clamp on the XTX200. Becuse The Regs are different they would have to make a conversion kit, and as per the 2008 spare parts catatalog there is no such animal.
I could be wrong and if someone knows different I'd be interested in finding out more.

Hope that helps

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom