Apeks XTX50?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jon, the Apeks second stages 50, 100, 200 are basically the same. The 40 does not have an adjustment knob (can be upgraded though) and the 20 is a 40 with a plastic spacer replacing a heat sink. They should all breath very similarly.

The first stages show a bit more diversity. I do believe there are slight differences in flow between them but not enough to make a difference. Also the unsealed regs can be upgraded to sealed but I am not sure of the cost. The 200 has a replaceable hard seat which is good if the seat gets damaged. If the other first stages get hard seat damage then they are paperweights.

Thanks! I will probably look for the 50 or 100. If I can get a good used 200, then it will be all good. But it is good to know that there really isn't much difference between the 50, 100 and 200.

Jon, the Apeks second stages 50, 100, 200 are basically the same. The 40 does not have an adjustment knob (can be upgraded though) and the 20 is a 40 with a plastic spacer replacing a heat sink. They should all breath very similarly.

The first stages show a bit more diversity. I do believe there are slight differences in flow between them but not enough to make a difference. Also the unsealed regs can be upgraded to sealed but I am not sure of the cost. The 200 has a replaceable hard seat which is good if the seat gets damaged. If the other first stages get hard seat damage then they are paperweights.

Thanks. For that price, I'll just get the XTX200. I called them but I think they might be closed today. Do you know if the warranty transfers from one authorized dealer to another?

As far as I know, warranty is from the manufacturer and shouldn't tie you to a particular dealer. Just keep all your paperwork.

Check out North East Scuba Supply store, Apeks specials. Nice to find Apeks for such an attractive price.

Thank you everyone for the feedback! It was awesome and I purchased the reg. Can't wait to try it out!

DJ

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom