Apollo Bio-filter, pro/cons??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Scuba Gear is unnecessary... the only necessities in life are shelter, food, water and air... everything else is a luxury in this life... And the bio filter is one luxury that is worth the money to me as is helps me get one of the necessities... water, with my air.

And as far as people talking about failure points... I have been using and selling them for years... sold hundreds upon hundreds of them. So far the failure and return rate is Zero... None... Nada.

I'm not going to spend thousands to take a trip half way around the world and have the last 15 minutes of each dive be uncomfortable because of dry mouth - lungs, etc. If I'm spending that much time and money to enjoy myself... I plan on enjoying myself... even the simple things like breathing.

Interesting. I notice that mdb (Apollo) has a similar view.

Also, please forgive my ignorance, but i do not see how the necessities you mentioned (shelter, food water, and air) extrapolate to "...water with my air."

Just returned from 21 dives in Bonaire using the Bio-Filter purchased from Scubatoys. I think it works very good. Worth the money for comfort any day.

I seriously considered one when I first started diving but held out because of the price. My mouth and throat would become so dry I would want to end the dive after 30 minutes or so. After 30 or so dives, I no longer noticed the dryness.

When one spends $150. on an unnecessary gadget (scuba or otherwise) he will USUALLY say how wonderful it is.

Then I guess you missed my comments about my $1500 Datamask. :11:

I have suffered from dry mouth for a couple years now and finally I replaced my regulator with a better one and so far the dry mouth issues is gone. I also got a bit of advise from someone that used to dive several hours a day collecting golf balls. he told me to buy some sugar free hard candy and but a piece in your mouth tuck it between your cheek and gum and it would fix any dry mouth issues. I had considered an apollo bio filter myself just never got to buying one instead I dumped my titan regulator for a scubapro and that was my problem all along

Okay, so i'm a little late to the topic. Just started looking at this as a possibility. Anyone else support the candy suggestion? I think it's funny how many people point out the possible failure point. On my last dive I asked someone about it and they said the same thing.....as they disconnected their computer from the hose via quick disconnect.

Hard candy.

I use it for fun, never really had a dry mouth issue.

Perhaps cheaper though...and more flavors!

I dunno, getting a candy stuck in the back of your throat at 60 ft probably wouldn't be much fun.

Back
Top Bottom