Apple Watch, Oceanic+ and iOS 16.4

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Bowcaps

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I now realise the Oceanic+ app is in its development phase, but I’m curious if anyone else is having issues with iOS 16.4?

I’ve recently dived a dozen times with my AWU and the Oceanic+ App and it performed flawlessly (only using for recreational dives down to 30m). Even when back on land the sync to my iPhone was seamless and I was able to update my dive log with pertinent details.

The problems started on my iPhone 13 Pro after updating to iOS 16.4, the dive planning no longer works (Location or Deco) the app freezes when the planning page is accessed.

I have forward details to the developer, but as yet nothing has been sorted. I’m a little sceptical now to use my AWU for my upcoming dives, as I thought the App for both iPhone and watch were passed the development stage and could be relied upon, albeit awaiting for new features to be added.

Has anyone else had any similar issues?

Bowcaps

Does the Watch app still work ok for you? Seem all functional to me after the update. Diving this morning with it so hope so.

Does the Watch app still work ok for you? Seem all functional to me after the update. Diving this morning with it so hope so.
My AWU is running watchOS 9.4 and seems to have all the functionality, although I’ve not been back in the water since the updates earlier this week. I hope all goes well for you.

I see what you mean about the iOS app (I rarely use it). Same behaviour as you, enter the planner and the you’re stuck at the No Deco and Location planner screen. Which channel did you use to report the problem?

I see what you mean about the iOS app (I rarely use it). Same behaviour as you, enter the planner and the you’re stuck at the No Deco and Location planner screen. Which channel did you use to report the problem?
I sent an email to TAC@huishoutdoors.com who acknowledged receipt and passed it on? I’ve not heard anything since.

Failing for me on 16.4 too. iPhone 13 Pro Max. Everything updated.

I just got this in an email from Oceanic:

We have performed compatibility testing between the new iOS 16.4.1 and Oceanic+ to ensure everything is working smoothly. During testing, we identified that the "Location Planner" feature could experience crashes under the new operating system update.​
We want to assure you that we have addressed this issue and released a new update, version 1.0.9, which includes the fix. Please download the update from the App Store using the following link: Oceanic+ App Store
We also want to let you know that we have an exciting new release coming soon, which will include additional functionality that we believe you will love.​

I wonder what the new features will be…

Hopefully new entries to track start and end pressure

Back
Top Bottom