Apple watch ultra Oceanic+ app free snorkel mode freeze issue

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Aerobics111

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
So I use Apple watch ultra Oceanic+ app free snorkel mode for scuba because I like the very responsive compass and it's a redundant depth gauge, plus a number of other side benefits. I use another computer for decompression info.

But the frustration is it freezes from time to time underwater and then restarts after a while. It seems to happen randomly and not by design. Sometimes it freezes every few minutes and other times it could last the entire dive without issue. Although I don't look at the watch the whole dive, I know this because whenever it freezes, the log gets fragmented.

Does this happen to anyone else?

I haven't dived w/the AWU yet. But un-pairing and re-pairing can solve weird above-water problems. Worth a try.

There’s a bug in the current version of the app for snorkelling that causes the app to lock up and often quit with not data recorded if you have no network cellular connection. Makes no difference if you set airplane mode before starting, at least not when I tried. Oceanic say they are aware and hope to fix it in the next update.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom