Aqua Dives is below par

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

interesting that the last activity is ONE minute after this thread . . .

I stayed at Turneffe Island Resort for two weeks last summer, doing multiple dives every single day except the Saturday in the middle. It would have been fine by me if we had dived the Elbow every day all day, with the exception of the weekly run to the Aquarium after diving the Blue Hole. As it was, we probably dived it three or four times a week and complaining about it would have been the last thing on our minds.

Probably the best thing to do is let this BS thread die the quick death it deserves.

Having said that, I just bumped it up to the top again! :dork2:

I don't like the color of Aqua Dive's boats.

Wow, I can't believe I generated such a response! Apologies, seeing as this was not the SAT's, I didn't put that much into proofreading...I'll try to be more specific. On the safety stop issue, there were 8 of us. When the dive "master" (yeah, I called him an instructor...oops.) told us it was time to go up, he kinda just disappeared on us. We all looked at each other and just shrugged our shoulders. I've only done about 40 dives, which I'm sure is nothing compared to all of you, but I've never experienced that before. Like I said, we were fine...it was just wierd...and the other divers (some of whom have logged 300+ dives) agreed! Add to that the overall vibe from these dive masters; it was just such a turn-off; they were fairly rude to all of us and just seemed like they didn't even want to be there. I still had an AMAZING time and, like I said, they weren't terrible. But, compared to all the amazing reviews I saw for the other dive shops, I just can't say the same about these guys!

I'm kinda new here and I can understand you not posting back on. WHEW. I, for one, respect your personal opinion about the service you felt you received from the dive operator. It's pretty clear that most don't agree with your estimation of their services, and felt compelled to defend them. I'm going to Belize in a couple of weeks and may or may not use Aqua Dives, but not based on your post. Bottom line, forums like this are for expressing your opinions, which you did. The only thing I know about Aqua Dives is that they are the only dive shop that didn't return my email request for information and they do seem cheaper than some of the others.

I know the guy who usually handles emails is away at present, so that may explain that. The other point in their favor is that they can provide you with any nitrox mix, or indeed any other. I know, because I sold them the equipment to do it.

I honestly didn't recognise the poor service the OP had. It must just have been a bad week.

so thats where Travis said he could get me nitrox if I needed it, for 20 a fill :rofl3:

Probably not. There are a few other operators around the country who mix nitrox, and I doubt he'd come all the way up here. If you needed trimix that might be a different story, though even then there's someone else closer who could mix it (but doesn't routinely).

Since you can't fly with full scuba tanks it would cost a LOT to bring tanks down to TCR from SP!

Peter, we are putting in the capability to do nitrox by the end of july. Ed Hoyt is putting in the system.

Wow, I can't believe I generated such a response! Apologies,

Don't feel bad dude. There are several reasons I would consider ADB below par but unfortunately those you mentioned don't qualify. I personally wouldn't recommend them but Peter seems to support them a lot.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom