Aqua Lung Double Hose Regs

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

We that have been diving for over 40 years tell your kind to KMA too.
Well well, we have someone who doesn't have much respect. That's too bad. I counted it up and I'm at 52 years of continuous diving, and still going. I love diving my ten double hose (the ones in working condition). I just cannot go out and dive enough. We have a dive shop here which displays the old double hose regulators, but in the condition that they found them in. I don't like that a lot, as it takes away from the double hose regulator and puts it into a museum, rather than showing that many of those regulators were engineering marvels. Imagine a regulator without an O-ring, for instance. Or one with only six moving parts which is as good today as it was the day it was manufactured.

I just bought a Sportsways Waterlung Sport Diver single hose, for minimal money. It has a breathing resistance of probably more than 4 inches of water. An earlier double hose, the USD Jet Air, has at 500 psig an inhalation pressure of about 1/2 inch of water pressure. But these are things that can only be noted while actually using the regulators. And they can only be used if they are in good working condition.

So you can say what you wish, but I think you need to actually use these regulators to understand and appreciate them.

SeaRat

I do believe this fellow implied Kiss for the letter K.........instead y'all have subsituted Kick.........good job......nicely done guys! :wink:

Give it your best shot then. :mooner: Whatever your problem is :idk:. If I made you angry about something, :wink:, my sincere apology, and welcome to vintage diving, even grumpy old fellows like you :).

James <---- 44 years continuously active diver

Ok, excuse my short fuse as I appreciate this courteous post (moon and all) - maybe it was the second cup of Starbucks. Anyway I admire vintage equipment diving and thoe who enjoy it but maybe I just read too much into your post. I was first certified in 1965 and enjoyed many many years of diving - starting with a second hand double hose Dacor but a seemingly minor health issue developing a few years ago prevents me from diving anymore but I do enjoy the many fond memories. I have been putting together a collection of vintage equipment and photos to enjoy in my new den. The majority of the stuff goes in trash cans and has to be better off enjoyed by us old timers on the wall than in the land fill. If we can agree on that then all is forgotten and forgiven from this end with sincere appologies.

Although I do dive the old gear, I don't have any problem with it being used for display. There's a lot of it out there that I condemn for parts, junk or as a wall hanger. There are three reasons why I do this; either I think it was kind of a half-assed product to begin with, (like a lot of the early BC's), or I don't really want to trust it with my life or there's just nothing quite interesting enough about it to get me to spend my time and money on it. Case in point, I have about 4 old single hose first stages. I get a kick out of the second stages, but I've got three good, recently serviced, first stages already. There's nothing quite appealing enough about most vintage first stages to make me go out of my way to get them working and dive them.

Ok, excuse my short fuse as I appreciate this courteous post (moon and all) - maybe it was the second cup of Starbucks. Anyway I admire vintage equipment diving and thoe who enjoy it but maybe I just read too much into your post. I was first certified in 1965 and enjoyed many many years of diving - starting with a second hand double hose Dacor but a seemingly minor health issue developing a few years ago prevents me from diving anymore but I do enjoy the many fond memories. I have been putting together a collection of vintage equipment and photos to enjoy in my new den. The majority of the stuff goes in trash cans and has to be better off enjoyed by us old timers on the wall than in the land fill. If we can agree on that then all is forgotten and forgiven from this end with sincere appologies.

No big deal, glad you enjoyed the mooner, :).

It is all a good thing, didn't mean really to upset you. If you want to collect a dozen regulators and hang them on your wall, you deserve it and heck, maybe, with some coercion, you might pull one of them down and go dive it just to irritate the new divers :eyebrow:.

Thanks,
James

No big deal, glad you enjoyed the mooner, :).

It is all a good thing, didn't mean really to upset you. If you want to collect a dozen regulators and hang them on your wall, you deserve it and heck, maybe, with some coercion, you might pull one of them down and go dive it just to irritate the new divers :eyebrow:.

Thanks,
James

Doctor says if I go down very deep sooner or later I might stay down so better just do my irritating with an occasional rant. Thanks for the reply sounds like all is well with us hope to meet up with you someday. I can still drive a boat and watch the bubbles.

Welcome to the vintage diving community captaindavem. Many of us know each other personally and have dove together so the group tends to be a bit closer than most. Some of us are a bit too quick witted sometimes but all in all a great bunch. We can always use more surface support if you can't still dive......although I know more old divers than I do old doctors...might as well go having fun.

Doctor says if I go down very deep sooner or later I might stay down so better just do my irritating with an occasional rant. .

Pretty much true of any diver, sooner or later we will all die, just a question of where we will be at the time, enjoying ourselves or feeling sorry for ourselves.

I don't know what your medical condition is but I have had triple coronary artery bypass and a few other medical issues but it hasn't stopped me. Is you doctor qualified to determine your fitness to dive, a lot of them aren't and err on the side of telling you not to do whatever.

Amen to Duckbill, other people seem to think if you don't do everything their way you're wrong. Seems to be alot of that in this sport today. I for one collect and dive the old gear in both scuba and heavy gear.I believe there is some equipment for diving and some for looking at. As long as you respect and protect our diving history in any way you see fit it's ok with me.

Doctor says if I go down very deep sooner or later I might stay down so better just do my irritating with an occasional rant. Thanks for the reply sounds like all is well with us hope to meet up with you someday. I can still drive a boat and watch the bubbles.

Sorry to hear of you health issues, but as the Captain, said maybe a 2nd, 3rd or 4th opinion will clear you for more bottom time, heck there has to be a Dr. some where that will say yes. So if an occasional rant is what it takes to keep one's ticker going, have at it, just let us know when to duck. Good luck and have fun building your wall of fame.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom