aqua lung essential package

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Just got back from my LDS. The Aqua Lung package is through Aqua Lung so getting the same deal wasn't a problem. The owner, being a nice guy, replaced the ABS octo (which he didn't like) with a more sturdy model (titan octo) and gave a price break on top of that, so the total came below the two Internet sites I mentioned. The LDS had a special on wet suits, so got the 7mm Aqua Lung AquaFlex at a very good price.

How much diving I'll be able to do remains to be seen. In the midwest, quarries seem to be the main venue.

I have the same Essentials package and made the same octo substitution. The other substitution I made, for just the small difference in msrp, was to go with the Balance bc instead of the pro lt. It's a back inflate and I love it. Something to consider if that style bc interests you and if it's not too late.

james

Thanks to all for your comments. I think I'll stick with my gear for a while and try to squeeze in more dives which this is all about. I had a great experience at PADI OW training, and this board is proving to be a good place for useful advice.

Thanks to all for your comments. I think I'll stick with my gear for a while and try to squeeze in more dives which this is all about. I had a great experience at PADI OW training, and this board is proving to be a good place for useful advice.

Oh, you picked it up? I was definately going to suggest giving the back inflate a try and see if you like that one more. I find it a ton easier to trim out nicely with back inflate vs. jacket. If not, as others pointed out, its a solid choice.

On a side note, did you end up picking up some Aqualung boots? I'm looking for a new pair and having size 15 feet my choices are limited and curious if you tried the echozip and your thoughts on them

No, I did not pick up separate boots. Before OW training, boots were required so I got a "boot" (more a slip-on) called Aqua Lung Polynesian 3mm. They do a good job of protecting my feet from rubbing against the fins (and some general protection) but not much more. I will still need to get a hood, weights, bamboo mats for changing (the dive instructor and dive masters had them which looked useful), and possibly a knife. Given all the comments, I will certainly consider back-inflate BC in the future after I have more dives under my belt.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom