Aqua Lung Servicing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Cacie B

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Quick question: Thinking about retiring my Poseidon Cyklon 300 after 45 years and 1300 dives. I went into my LDS and was about to pull the trigger on the Aqua Lung Leg3nd. I was told that Aqua Lung has been having challenges servicing regulators because of a parts shortage. We’ve got another local Aqua Lung LDS who won’t even sell them anymore and is sending service out to other dive shops.

What’s been your experience with Aqua Lung servicing?

BTW: Also now considering the SP MK19/620 instead of the Leg3nd. Would like your experiences on that also.

Quick question: Thinking about retiring my Poseidon Cyklon 300 after 45 years and 1300 dives. I went into my LDS and was about to pull the trigger on the Aqua Lung Leg3nd. I was told that Aqua Lung has been having challenges servicing regulators because of a parts shortage. We’ve got another local Aqua Lung LDS who won’t even sell them anymore and is sending service out to other dive shops.

What’s been your experience with Aqua Lung servicing?

BTW: Also now considering the SP MK19/620 instead of the Leg3nd. Would like your experiences on that also.
Aqualung is going bankrupt.

I like my SP Mk19's (but mine are with the G260).

Aqua Lung seems to be in a state of flux right now, and I would hold off buying any new gear from them until things settle down, especially as major a purchase as a regulator or BCD. I believe things will shake out eventually and there will be a new iteration of AL, but which of its products will be lost remains to be seen.

I feel your pain, Firstjeb... I tried to have my LDS service my beloved Conshelf XIV and was told now way, no how! :banghead: Fortunately I went onto the Vintage Dive Equipment forum on this site and found someone undaunted by the current paucity of factory replacement parts. I'm old enough to hope to continue using this reg for the rest of my dive career.

🐸

Buy an old Conshelf first. Parts are easy to get and the hose configuration will match that of your Poseiden. Rebuild it in an hour. Pair it with any second stage you want. I've been diving a Conshelf SE/ Scubapro d400 combo for about four years and couldn't be happier.
I started out with a new Cyklon in 1974.
If you want to go modern, the Atomic Z2 is a great regulator with great value.

Aqualung is going bankrupt.

LOL. That's not entirely true. Financial challenges for sure, but they've not filed for bankruptcy. May want to stick with the facts.

I own 4 Aqua Lung regs and have very little concern about their longevity. Their regs are one of the strengths of their lineup. You can get them serviced literally ANYWHERE in the world.

ADDITION: I just recently had two of the 4 serviced including one requiring an additional replacement part as my venturi assist lever had broken. Zero issues getting both of them serviced.

LOL. That's not entirely true. Financial challenges for sure, but they've not filed for bankruptcy. May want to stick with the facts.
Notice, I didn't say "filed for bankruptcy" or even "is bankrupt"(using the colloquial meaning not the legal meaning) but said: "going bankrupt." Which means they aren't there yet but will likely be there soon given the magnitude of their "financial challenges".

A company is bankrupt when they can't pay their bills, even if they aren't legally bankrupt. Bankrupt is an english word that has meaning beyond the legal technicalities.

Certainly their "financial challenges" are why some are having trouble getting parts.

(also, I probably exaggerated a little more than I should have:wink:)

I have two Conshelf 1st stages which both have fairly fresh rebuilds. I don’t dive them much, but I figure I’ll just dive them into the ground and when they need another service (maybe in 10 years) I’ll worry about it then. I’m fairly confident that the 900001 service kit will be around even if it’s NOS for many years. There has to be millions of those kits still in circulation. If the regs eventually become paper weights then so be it. The metal 1085’s however will keep going for life. All the parts can be sourced from other places to keep those going. They’re very simple.

Back
Top Bottom