Aqua Lung Titan - Bubbles Going Passed Eyes

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

trixie

New
Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

I'm looking for a good mid priced reg. My local Sports Chalet suggested either the Sherwood Maximus or AL Titan. I was leaning towards the Titan because I like the smaller size.

My biggest concern is the sales person said that when your still, the bubbles go straigt up past your eyes. I was wondering if anyone else has had this problem?

I do mostly vacation warm water dives with occasional dives off Southern California coast.

I would appreciate any feedback.

I have the titan lx, and i've never had that problem. If your bouyancy is okay, then you shouldnt have any problem. I also work at sport chalet, and have never had any complaints about that reg, its a work horse

I also have the Titan LX and have never had a problem with the bubbles.

It was the basic Titan that he said had the problems with bubbles.

After reading some of the other thread, it seems like most people like either the LX or Legend.

My kid (a product of my "Grow Your Own Dive Buddy Program") has the Titan. He has never mentioned a problem. I tried it a few weeks ago when I thought I was having an issue with my Comshelf (I was mistaken about there being an issue) and was very favorably impressed.

Although I haven't dived with these regs, one of the biggest problems I have as a videographer is that regs usually exhaust in front of the mask when your head is tilted down filming. In a "normal" diving position with good horizontal trim this is not a significant problem, but if you are looking around near the bottom with your head down it can be.

I wish reg manufacturers would produce models more suitable for video or still imagers that exhaust well off to the side to eliminate this problem. There are some models that do have longer exhaust flanges, and Scuba Pro ac tually makes an extender that apparently is sold in the European market but not the American. Go figure!

That helps. I guess it happens to a lot of regs then. I'm wondering how bad it will be. Does anybod else have this problem with their regs?

My daughter is also part of the Grow Your Own Dive Buddy Program and has a plain Titan. She doesn't complain about bubbles either. It really just comes down to how wide the exhaust is. I dive a Legend and don't really see much difference in the Titan and Legend in this regard. I don't think the Titan is going to be any worse or better than most regs.

I've used both the Titan and the Titan Lx and haven't noticed this or any other issues.

trixie:
Hi Everyone,

My local Sports Chalet....

That might be part of the problem... The sales guy at our SC said I should buy force fins because the military uses them and they carry 100 lbs. of gear with no problem while wearing their fins. We go in there now for high comedy, it's cheaper than going to the movies!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom