Aqualung Hotshot vs. Aeris Accel vs. Hollis F2

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks for the advice everyone. Buddhasummer, it sounds like we're the same size (I wear size 5 mm boots in size 6), so I'll skip the F2s. Wingy, have you used the Accels with dive socks? I thought they had to be used with boots (especially for someone like me with small feet, I wonder if the XS size will be too big without boots).

One more question for those who have used the Accels: I've read some reviews saying that they are pretty stiff; have you noticed that they are stiff or difficult to kick? I'm a small woman and don't have strong legs, so need something that's easy to kick.

Unless you have hobbit feet I'm gonna say they'll likely be too big. Like I said, even the XS has a surprisingly spacious foot pocket. I just tried mine on with 3mm neo socks, it was a no go, way to loose. I just measured opening width and height and they are almost the same, small F2 and XS Accel, the difference is further down the foot pocket which narrows and tapers more on the Accels. I have no idea why travel fins are made with such huge foot pockets.

I always recommend some type of boot. A tropical low cut slipper type boot with a hard sole is fine and should help with fin fit. You can even use a pair of pool shoes that you can get for less than $10 at any sporting goods store. Sometimes you have to walk on rocky surfaces or very hot sand to get to the site or boat. It helps to have a hard sole underfoot.

iPhone. iTypo. iApologize.

Hi OP, you've probably already made your decision, but for anybody else considering it, I own the Hotshots. I bought them because I needed a tropical fin that could fit in my hand luggage. They're great if you dive in warm water from a boat and use the scissors/flutter kick, but they're not as effective with the frog kick, which is my primary. Unfortunately the pockets are so snug you can't use them with anything other than a neoprene sock (if that) so I had to go rental for all shore diving or swap out thin, foldable, hard-sole boots for my fins once I got into the water and carry the boots. That didn't last very long!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom