Question Aqualung Regulator age?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MCKNGBRD

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I'm looking at getting some used gear locally, and was wondering if anyone had any idea how old these regs could be. I'm pretty sure they're some flavor of Titan reg, but there have been many variations over the years, and I don't want to get regs that aren't supported or I can't get serviced. There's a bit of corrosion on the first stage, and the seller says they had them about 2 years but never dove them. It comes with a Zuma BCD and some other accessories. Any help for a novice diver would be appreciated!

aqualung regs.jpg

Thanks!

it looks to be a titan classic, so that puts it between 2004 and 2008 for the manufacture date (the first stage was made up until 2008 until they switched styles and that version of the 2nd stage was introduced in 2004). service kits should be available, the only issue is replacing the front cover which has a tendency to crack over time.

it looks to be a titan classic, so that puts it between 2004 and 2008 for the manufacture date (the first stage was made up until 2008 until they switched styles and that version of the 2nd stage was introduced in 2004). service kits should be available, the only issue is replacing the front cover which has a tendency to crack over time.
Are there any other parts that can be sourced for replacements, or are they DOA if/when the covers crack?

Thanks!

Is that a JB Weld fix on the octo? It's only a matter of time before that gives out. As much as i think the Titan is a rock solid reg, I would pass....

So, they're advertising the whole kit (regs, Zuma, a couple of sets of fins, large rolling bag) for 200 bucks. Worth it, or move along?

So, they're advertising the whole kit (regs, Zuma, a couple of sets of fins, large rolling bag) for 200 bucks. Worth it, or move along?
Move along.

I have a nice condition Titan 1st stage of that generation's model that I would be willing to sell for $100obo. DM me to discuss if interested.

-Z

Move along.

I have a nice condition Titan 1st stage of that generation's model that I would be willing to sell for $100obo. DM me to discuss if interested.

-Z
Thanks for the info. I was kinda leaning that way, but its hard to wrap my head around walking away from $200 for a decent amount of gear. I'm afraid I'd probably lose my butt getting it serviced and up to speed.

Look at the picture of the 1st stage. It looks like some corrosion around the dust cap. That should be easily rinsed even if you remotely try to rinse your rig. Maybe it is just the picture quality, but it may indicate it was not well taken care of.

Let's go by what we can see. There are three reg stages in the picture. The first stage shows obvious corrosion at the filter inlet (which probably indicates water got into the stage). The primary second has a ripped mouthpiece. The cover for the octo has damage which appears to have been repaired with epoxy instead of being replaced.

Any one of these problems would be cause to question how well the regset has been maintained. All three?

runaway-ezgif.com-webp-to-gif-converter.gif

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom