Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

No, I just have (Lawn Boy) lawnmowers, bicycles, guns, and a bunch of other junk :).
I have a couple bikes and a few guns. No room for anything else except my modest Mares reg collection. Well there's always room for mechanical watches, but that's a rabbit hole I have so far managed to resist.

It's a fascination with well made and cleverly designed mechanical devices. Especially ones simple enough for me to take apart and successfully put back together again.

Hey next up for me is trying to locate a Voit Avalon and Voit Dolphin regulator. I know these are hard to come by, but ya gotta start somewhere...LOL...anybody have or know of one for sale ??? And thanks everyone for ALL the help ! It's much appreciated!

Dave

Hey next up for me is trying to locate a Voit Avalon and Voit Dolphin regulator. I know these are hard to come by, but ya gotta start somewhere...LOL...anybody have or know of one for sale ??? And thanks everyone for ALL the help ! It's much appreciated!

Dave
Good luck. There were very few of these made compared to the Aqualung regs (and Voit's own MR-12) and most of the ones that were made were eventually binned for their underwhelming performance and lack of parts once Voit got out of the regulator business.

Yes I know it won't be easy, I'm prepared for that, but the best I can do now is ask. Ya never know - timing might be on my side...we shall see...

Nihon Aqualung came out with a "conshelf" clone for a number of years, decal is old style and is yellow. I've owned a few which I bought out of curiosity, they are poor man's conshelfs, quality was not great. Some had adj knob.

Yes I know it won't be easy, I'm prepared for that, but the best I can do now is ask. Ya never know - timing might be on my side...we shall see...
I'm curious about the film collector market for scuba gear. Is it just Bond movies? And just Thunderball? Or does someone really care what kind of scuba gear Roger Moore and Timothy Dalton used.

Bond collectors collect ANYTHING and EVERYTHING James Bond related ! Thunderball is an iconic movie for many reasons, so that stands out for sure.

The scuba gear from Licence to Kill with Timothy Dalton is collectible as well. He used all Dacor products. The Pacer regulator and mask are desirable. The ScubaPro Magnum speargun he used is also very collectible.

Roger Moore briefly went scuba diving in For Your Eyes Only and A View to a Kill. In FYEO he used a ScubaPro regulator and in AVTAK he used a Spiro Explorer regulator.

I hope this helped. Lmk if you are interested in any other Bond related questions. I know more than I need to know ! LOL

After closer study of the full picture at the start of the thread, I suspect it's either a Deep star or Conshelf IV (can just make out what appears to be an in line first stage body)... I should have both on my shelf. The second stage you bought is an easy fix, I can swap you straight across on the faceplate (Easy remove and reinstall process I can walk you through) and I can just give you the correct exhaust T (as @Nemrod said, I make my own functional replacements, so I can give you an original).
On the first stage, I'll bring it up over at Home | Vintage Scuba Diving Community Forum and see if we can nail down the proper 1st (that will also inform the right face plate for the second stage)... I can probably swap 1st stages too to get you squared away.
I like vintage gear to get it back in the water diving, but if you're gonna display it let's get you the correct display for what you want!

Respectfully,

James

Thread started on the other forum to see if we can get help narrowing it down.

Ok thanks James. I bought the Calypso for $60 because there was only 1 Deepstar on EBay and the seller was asking $300 ! There's also only 1 Conshelf and it's pretty beat up. They all cosmically look the same, so at the moment, I think I did alright with the Calypso. Lmk what else you find out. I'm all ears 👂 Thank you my brother!

Hey lmk if you know of anyone selling a Voit Avalon. That's the next one I need to get for my display. Ask around the community for me please. Hopefully one will turn up soon. You think that's a good possibility?

Dave

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom