Dad’s regulator

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
Hey there! I’m trying to find out more information about my dad’s old regulator. He bought it from Sears and Roebuck and was one of the first to dive in our area (SC). He gave me a love of the ocean and it is one of my most treasured items from him. I’d love to know the year he bought it. It is an Aqua-lung Calypso VI. Any ideas?

Hey there! I’m trying to find out more information about my dad’s old regulator. He bought it from Sears and Roebuck and was one of the first to dive in our area (SC). He gave me a love of the ocean and it is one of my most treasured items from him. I’d love to know the year he bought it. It is an Aqua-lung Calypso VI. Any ideas?
Someone will probably pop in with the years they were in the catalogs, but if you want to do some digging yourself too Vintage Double Hose maintains an impressive digital library of catalogs and manuals.
Home | Vintage Double Hose
Link at the very bottom of the page.
Respectfully
James

It is from the early to mid 70's. You can find it in several catalogs from the 70's.

You can easily rebuild it and dive it. Properly adjusted, it will perform like any modern regulator.

It should also have enough LP port for an octopus and an inflator.

Are you sure you have a Calypso VI or do you have a Calypso IV. I don't remember the VI, but it may actually be something from the late 70's.

Welcome to the board. A photo would help us give you a definitive model and help narrow down the year

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom