Aqualung Slingshot Fins

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Just try them before you judge. Veteran divers are truly enjoying them. Yes, I am an Aqua Lung rep, however, with over 30 years of diving experience,having started with Rocket fins, composites, as well as split fins, I think it qualifies me to know a little about fins and propulsion and I do believe that other manufacturers build excellent quality fins too. But before you dismiss a new concept, I suggest you go to your closest Aqua Lung dealer ask to demo a pair if possible and judge for yourself. To answer your question Mr. Cook, the retail is $219.

Keep up the good work in these forums. Cheers!

Dan Rodarte
Aqua Lung Regional Manager

Power Bands

* Pure silicone Power Bands are loaded with energy on the power stroke. They release their energy prior to the upstroke to provide an added boost of power.

Wouldn't that mean that on the power stroke, less energy is transferred into propulsion so it can be stored for later, in order to provide more propulsion???. And since no mechanical device is 100% efficient, well you figure it out. Anybody know what these cost? What the slide show, it's a hoot.

:11:But the slideshow says the powerbands release their stored energy with 100% efficiency.

(nevermind that the second law of thermodynamics states that any system will lose energy)

New concepts will all be met with a certain amount of skepticism, particularly in the scuba diving arena.
These new fins look intriguing, despite the marketing. I’d be willing to give them a try before I boo-hood or promoted them.

Aqualung. You will no doubt get every kind of response here, mainly from the people who have not tried them out and their comment’s should hold the same value as the money they paid for them.

My question to you is; Do you have a satisfaction guarantee?

I agree totally with the opinions stated so far. You don't use duck feet? Stay out of my water. Swapped over from the horse collar? Make sure your insurance is paid up. And who needs one of those new fangled consoles with pressure and depth gauge. Stick with the J-valve on a single tank. You'll ALWAYS have the reserve air and everyone knows you can't get bent on one tank. :confused: Opps, sorry, wrong section.

I haven't had a chance to try the new fins but I'm hoping to get a pair in before long. I'll tell you what I think about them then, for whatever that's worth.

Over the weekend, the manager of the local dive shop tossed a pair in the pool for me to try while I was in dialing in some other gear. I had low expectations since I am a K.I.S.S. kind of diver, but these things did give me the sensation of more thrust/energy spent. The point where the fins pivot is closer to the ankle and that seemed to make them more comfortable as well.

FWIW, I usually dive old Blades and have experience with Jet clones. I as far as alternative kicks, I only tried to frog kick and back kick. I could only get a half-decent frog out of them and the back kick was just not happening. I won't be buying a pair, but I bet they will review and sell well for vacation diver set.

Team Casa. Aqua Lung does have a 30 day Satisfaction Guarantee, however, it works like this...if you don't like your new fins (after trying them in the pool, lake, river or ocean) you may return them to your authorized dealer for a credt towards another Aqua Lung Fin. A money back guarantee is something you work out with the retailer. That policy applies to our Regulators, BCs and Computers too.

Dan Rodarte
Nor Cal, Pacific Northwest

Team Casa. Aqua Lung does have a 30 day Satisfaction Guarantee, however, it works like this...if you don't like your new fins (after trying them in the pool, lake, river or ocean) you may return them to your authorized dealer for a credt towards another Aqua Lung Fin. A money back guarantee is something you work out with the retailer. That policy applies to our Regulators, BCs and Computers too.

Dan Rodarte
Nor Cal, Pacific Northwest

Sounds fair enough. If you have a good retailer. Then again, why would I shop at a bad one! Maybe I'll give them a try.

Gotta try them before you diss them. I thought they were a "toy" also till I tried them. They are now my primary fin. My only criticsm is the price. I was lucky enough to win a pair - otherwise I may have been able to try them out, but I doubt I could justify purchasing a pair. If you can however, give them a try - I think you'll be pleasently surprised.
George

I think they rock! I ordered only one pair in each size for our shop since I was very skeptical--needless to say they put my Twin Jet maxx's to shame.

Just try them before you judge. Veteran divers are truly enjoying them. Yes, I am an Aqua Lung rep, however, with over 30 years of diving experience,having started with Rocket fins, composites, as well as split fins, I think it qualifies me to know a little about fins and propulsion and I do believe that other manufacturers build excellent quality fins too. But before you dismiss a new concept, I suggest you go to your closest Aqua Lung dealer ask to demo a pair if possible and judge for yourself. To answer your question Mr. Cook, the retail is $219.

Keep up the good work in these forums. Cheers!

Dan Rodarte

Thanks for the heads up on the list price of $219, Leisurepro has them for $174.95

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom