Aqualung Titan LX Supreme?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

What's the difference between them in use? If I do have the original, is there a current model that mine corresponds to?

they Still make the standard Titan, and if I were diving in Florida Thats what I'd have... but I'm in the Great Lakes area so I went with the upgraded Titan, its enviromentally sealed and may have 1 more aspect other than that that makes it better suited for colder water. I think I saw an easy to read comparison chart on the AquaLung site that lists them all and what features they all have. Basically the Titan LX Supreme is a standard Legend without the gold pimp ring (and the corresponding cost!).

I can get the Titan LX Supreme for about $300.

or the Legend LX or Legend LX Supeme for about $320-340

I have used a Titan LX Supreme on several dives and found it to be very satisfactory.

Titan LX Supreme is a very good regulator.
I'd choose it any day, if I coulden't get an Apeks.

Sells for around $320 in Europe.

I ended up with the Titan LX Supreme for $300. I was wrong about the price of the Legend, it was over $400 and out of my budget at the time.
:confused:
Sorry about the confusion.
claymore

Well.... I've got a Legend LX, but I just dove a AL Titan over the weekend. It was a pretty nice breathing reg. I wouldn't have a problem using one on a normal basis.

I don't think it breaths as easy as my Legend LX does, but I don't really see the $300 difference either.

I paid $340 for my LX in March 06 and it came with a free Octo.
I've got an older titan (about ten years) no problems. I send it in for service every hundred or so dives. It's been in the Pacific and in rivers and lakes. I've used it teaching classes and on salvage jobs. It's been a solid work horse. I like it better than the Sherwood Brut that I used before it. Sherwood makes a great product as long as you don't have to call them about a problem. Then they act like you are screwing up their whole day.

trying to decide if i want to get a titan or the titan lx...i can get the titan for $217. the titan lx for $294.

trying to decide if i want to get a titan or the titan lx...i can get the titan for $217. the titan lx for $294.

The first stages are the same, the difference is the second stage. For the difference I would go with the LX. You are upgrading from an unbalanced second stage to a balanced and IMO a better designed second stage.

Back
Top Bottom