Aquatec Duo Alert: any good?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

koksie

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi all,

I can get a nice deal on a second-hand Aquatec Duo Alert. It is this one :Dive-Alert (Duo-Alert),Dive-Alert (Duo-Alert) Manufacturer,Dive-Alert (Duo-Alert) Supplier,Dive-Alert (Duo-Alert) Products in Taiwan ?DUTON INDUSTRY CO., LTD

I read varying reports about it online, some claim the surface signal is very weak, some claim it is very loud. Things get more complicated since it is not clear about which version people are talking, there are several older versions out there with only the quacker...

Is there anybody on here that has experience with the Duo Alert and can comment on its surface use? Is it loud enough to be heard? I hear good stories about the Dive Alert Plus, which is reported to be so loud that you are advised to stick your head underwater before using it. Is the Duo Alert equally loud?

Thanks in advance,

Jeroen

I will be using it for surface use (hopefully I won't be using it, since it is a safety measure) only. Since I can get is cheap, I am considering buying it. If I could get a Dive Alert for that price, I would jump to it, but they are very expensive here. If the surface modus of the Duo Alert is not capable of making the same noise as a Dive Alert, I won't buy it at all, since I have no use for the quacker.

Back
Top Bottom