are double 80's dangerous?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I started diving Doubles and I never (well, a few times) went back to single tanks. As a matter of fact, I wish I had started diving with doubles. The stability and the feeling of being in great trim is what sold me on them.
I haven't any experiance with diving Doubles with a wet suit though so I can't help you there.
I love the twins...HP 80s..all the gas I need for my dives and the ability to swim them up (from the old school)
Just my 02
K

I used twin al90's for several years. We dove them w/o thermal protection, dry and wet so I don't know how some are figuring you can only dive them one way and not another. We also went from the twins to a single steel or aluminum, wet to dry or w/o protection or any combination of them and we didn’t use any type of BC. So it can be done easily.

You adjust and adapt for what you’re wearing. If a person can dive a single al80 w/o thermal protection they CAN use an hp130, lp130, twin what ever or al30 the same way. You just make weight or buoyancy adjustments. :wink:

Gary D.

How about twins AL 100's....have you guys used, how do you compare them to the twins 80's (yea, yea...40 more cuf, I know that...:wink:)

I have been using Double aluminum 80's for a few years now. What I did to make them neutral was to put a few discs of sheet lead under the boots. Now they are neutral at 500 psi. I have them set up on a stainless steel backplate/wing. I dive a drysuit and have never had a problem. It's nice to have the gas and redundancy they provide.

Back
Top Bottom