Are Salvo Lights as Good as Light Monkey?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I wonder if we were at Edmonds at the same time? A friend and I went up there to dive, but discovered the backup regulator on her set was leaking and I couldn't make it stop, so we just sat and chatted for a while, and eventually left about 10:30 or 11.

I don't know what to tell you about the latches. I've had my primary light for almost ten years and somewhere in the neighborhood of 1200 dives, and I have yet to have a latch come undone. My husband has had it happen once. So that's about 2500 dives or so. It does seem to me that I have seen people use a strip of inner tube and stretch it over the latches as both insurance from opening and also to prevent line from catching in the clips. I haven't felt the need, but I might change my tune if I lost a $300 battery due to having a latch come open.

I was there later in the day, around 3:00 I think. There were some EMS vehicles pulling out as we arrived. From what I could find out they were called there due to a diver panicking on the surface. I don't think anyone was hurt.

That site is amazing. My local equivalent would be Porteau Cove, but Brackett's Landing is probably several times larger at least.

Thanks for the tip about the inner tube. I know the odds of the can opening are miniscule, but after this experience I will never dive with the latches uncovered again.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom