Are Scubapro suits designed for freaks?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

awap:
Go with the weight parameter. Height parameter probably only relevent for the bean poles. Is a stone equal to 18 pounds?
As someone 6'3" (okay, nearly 2 meters), not all of us can go merely by weight.
At 6'3", the industry assumes that you are at least 240 (110kg/17 stones). I always end up buying XL, and they are too big in my chest, and too short.
The torso fits okay, but I cannot tuck my booties under the legs. XL is sized for someone at about 220, but only 5'-10" to 6'-1".

I have not tried on my wetsuit since vacation last year... having dropped from 210 down to 180, I'm worried I may have to go custom.

Custom can be good.

One buddy gained a bunch of weight and he ended up having to get a custom wetsuit to get it large enough to allow him to breathe. He was able to get the zipper where he wanted and get the color scheme that he wanted. He is very happy with it.

You can see what foolishness I opted for.

Wristshot

RichLockyer:
As someone 6'3" (okay, nearly 2 meters), not all of us can go merely by weight.
At 6'3", the industry assumes that you are at least 240 (110kg/17 stones). I always end up buying XL, and they are too big in my chest, and too short.
The torso fits okay, but I cannot tuck my booties under the legs. XL is sized for someone at about 220, but only 5'-10" to 6'-1".

I have not tried on my wetsuit since vacation last year... having dropped from 210 down to 180, I'm worried I may have to go custom.

Take a look at one of the Bare Arctics in size MLT...

MLTall
WEIGHT(lbs.) 175-200
HEIGHT(ft./in.) 6'0"-6'2"
CHEST(in.) 39-41
WAIST(in.) 33-35
HIP(in.) 39-41

derby:
Take a look at one of the Bare Arctics in size MLT...

MLTall
WEIGHT(lbs.) 175-200
HEIGHT(ft./in.) 6'0"-6'2"
CHEST(in.) 39-41
WAIST(in.) 33-35
HIP(in.) 39-41
Arctic huh? :) They make that in a 3mm? Looks like a ringer except the chest may be a bit snug (I'm 44")

Back
Top Bottom